Throughout the final evening of the year, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island will be transformed into one big, high-energy street party for partygoers 21 and older: six-hours of fun overflowing with live music, dancing, a sampling of gourmet delights, a champagne toast, plus spectacular fireworks.
The party will take place from 8 p.m.-2 a.m. and will include a countdown to 2008 and a special fireworks celebration only Disney can deliver. Each guest on New Year’s Eve will welcome 2008 with festive hats and noisemakers, plus a delectable dinner buffet and a midnight champagne toast — all part of the admission price.
Admission to this special-ticket New Year’s Eve party is $99 plus tax and includes entry to all seven themed nightclubs at Pleasure Island. Annual passholders can purchase up to two tickets at $89 each plus tax. For more information or to order advance tickets, call 407-W-DISNEY.
Other Disney celebrations and New Year’s Eve theme park hours:
- Disney-MGM Studios is aglow with the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights presented by SYLVANIA. Millions of sparkling lights adorn the Streets of America backlot through Jan. 6, 2008. Special New Year’s Eve park hours: 9 a.m.-1 a.m. Special entertainment includes a trio of “Fantasmic!” fireworks shows — at [6:30], [8:30] and 10 p.m. — plus a special showering of fireworks at midnight.
- Donning hats and noisemakers, revelers can party on until 1 a.m. at Magic Kingdom with double the parades and fireworks. Guests can count down to the magical hour with the “SpectroMagic” parade at 7 and 10:30 p.m., plus “Holiday Wishes” fireworks at 8:30 p.m. and “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks at 11:50 p.m. The park is open from 8 a.m.-1 a.m.
- A special version of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” laser-light spectacular will be presented at [7:30] and 11:40 p.m. at Epcot. Latin crossover band Papo’s Groove and the energetic DJ Indio Davila will entertain partiers at America Gardens Theatre, while the big band swing music of the Tom Butler Orchestra will fill World Showplace. Rockers can boogie down at Scooter’s dance party at the Fountain Stage, plus techno rock at the China pavilion and classic rock ‘n’ roll at the Italy pavilion in World Showcase. The park is open from 8 a.m.-1 a.m.
- “Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Expedition” parade, an outrageous street party starring favorite Disney friends, winds through Disney’s Animal Kingdom at 3:45 p.m. Park hours 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- At Downtown Disney, Cirque du Soleil fans can celebrate the New Year La Nouba style with two presentations of the theatrical production, at 6 and 9 p.m. A champagne toast celebration, souvenir program, glow sticks and gift are included in the special ticket price. Tickets are from $67 to $139, plus tax, depending on category.
- Disney Cruise Line brings in the new year with ship-wide festivities on New Year’s Eve and a New Year’s Day tailgate party.