/ Friday, June 19th, 2009

venetian_maskWhile we all love to eat around the World Showcase, one of the other ways to learn of a country and its culture is through its artisans.

Join Lou Mongello as he enters the Italy pavilion to talk with Giorgio Iurcotta, a mask artist from Venice. Giorgio tells the history of the masks, a bit on how they are made and even the story behind some of these masks. It is a fascinating look at wearable art.

19 Responses to "Video – Venetian Mask Artist – Italy pavilion in Epcot"

1. [..YouTube..] Very nice explanation about Venetian masks and the artisanal making of these cultural treasures!

2. Very nice explanation about Venetian masks and the artisanal making of these cultural treasures!

3. [..YouTube..] I think they did a great job, it wasn’t that easy to speak in front of the camera and all the people around looking at me :)

4. giorgioiurcotta says:

5. [..YouTube..] Nice. I really appreciate the mask maker interview. I’ve never really stopped to look, but I will now. Thanks.

6. queenofthehouse0 says:

7. [..YouTube..] I’ve always loved these beautiful masks. I always go look at them whenever I go to Epcot.

8. TheITinFIT says:

9. [..YouTube..] I have 8 venetian masks which I bought here in Florence, Italy….I hung all this 8 in my house in the Philippines…..they are very very coooool !!! really a work of art!!! There is magic in this masks.

10. I have 8 venetian masks which I bought here in Florence, Italy….I hung all this 8 in my house in the Philippines…..they are very very coooool !!! really a work of art!!! There is magic in this masks.

11. [..YouTube..] Going to this mask store is what inspired me to start making my own masks – they were truly beautiful.

12. Deeperwonder says:

13. [..YouTube..] The only mask that I didn’t see there is the Dottore Della Peste. But Nice work.

14. The only mask that I didn’t see there is the Dottore Della Peste. But Nice work.

15. [..YouTube..] does anybody know the name of the one at 1:30 with the pointed beard and like pointed hair ive been trying to find the name of the style everywhere

16. b00nd0cksainto8 says:

17. [..YouTube..] Is Paganini playing in the background?

18. Is Paganini playing in the background?

19. Brent Monroe says:

i want to do that for a living
    to bad they dont have events here to wear the masks
    excluding halloween which i dont participate
    beautiful masks!