Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #170 for the week of May 16, 2010.

I’ll start off this week’s show with some Walt Disney World News and a few items from the rumor mill, including big news about a new Disney resort, updates on some attraction and dining changes, and some rumors about what or who else you may seem coming to the Disney parks in the future.

Next, we all visit Walt Disney World in different ways, and each presents different opportunities, as well as challenges. On our roundtable discussion this week, we’ll talk about strategies, benefits, tips and concerns when traveling to Walt Disney World as a single parent. Whether you travel as a single parent or not, chances are you’ll find many tips and resources in this segment valuable and ways to enhance your own vacation experience.

This week’s new Walt Disney World Trivia Contest will test your knowledge of some of the relationships between Disney characters, attractions and more. Play for a chance to win a prize that keeps on giving all year long.

I’ll have a few announcements, and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

INFORMATION AND LINKS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW

24-hour LIVE video broadcast & chat from Walt Disney World – May 22-23, 2010.

Click HERE for more information, including the May Meet of the Month specifics (to take place during the 24-hour show).

Watch LIVE at http://WDWRadioLIVE.com

Miss the Adventurers Club? Join us for ConGaloosh 2010! - Oct. 8-10, 2010 – Join the WDW Radio Explorers! (Tribe # 939)

To join us for a PRE-CRUISE stay in Walt Disney World before we embark on the Disney Dream on Feb. 27, 2011, visit MouseFanTravel for package information, including our Illuminations party! (Note: Package is only open to those confirmed as booked with us on the cruise. Rates INCLUDE the IllumiNations party the night before we embark)

Join us for other special events, Walt Disney World meetups and more! Get more information, dates and locations here

9 Responses to "Show # 170 – May 16, 2010"

1. Julie says:

I have fit two grown adults and a teenager in one Thunder Mountain seat. VERY TIGHT SQUEEZE, its wasn’t comfortable at all, but we managed it. So, I’m sure fitting an adult and two kids wouldn’t be too too terrible.

2. Owen says:

I think that Jungle Cruise could use an interactive Q, something that involves talking on a radio or something. Other than that, either Tower of Terror or Soarin’.

3. Jeremy McBryar says:

Hey Lou,

Hace a great week and keep moving forward.

4. WDWLocal says:

With the upcoming Small World rehab, maybe they’re finally going to start offering It’s a Small World Holiday like they do at Disneyland and the overseas parks every Xmas season.

Since all the other Disney parks now offer that overlay, it’s time for WDW to follow suit and change their IaSW ride for the holidays as well.

5. David Crockett says:

Will “Pop Century” be renamed “Pop Half-century” or “Pop Five-decades”?

6. Bruce says:

7. Hey Lou,looking forward to this weekend show. I will be returning from TX but will catch all I can during the travels and when I get home. Hope to see you in OCT, we have locked in 2 OCT – 8 OCT 10 for Not so Scarey Halloween and our family vacation this year. MEI all the way!

8. erin says:

I think the interactive queues sound like such an interesting idea! I feel that this would work wonderfully in queues that are not already filled with details. Interactive queues would be a great addition to Peter Pan or some of the countries in Epcot. If these types of queues were going to be placed in areas with great detail like Jungle Cruise or Muppets, it would be nice if they were limited so people can still enjoy all there is to see. Was anyone lucky enough to test out the one at Haunted Mansion?

9. erin says:

I would love to stay at Nemo or Little Mermaid in the art of animation resort!! I hope Disney really creates an immersive room environment with lithos, concept art, bed spreads, and the whole package! Wouldn’t it be cool if there was a Lilo and Stitch area? Or if the resort was broken down into groups of years (five or ten) that highlighted the animated films of that time?