/ Thursday, May 13th, 2010

With the announcement of the new Disney’s Art of Animation Resort coming in 2012, the choice of the various wing themes is interesting.

So cast your vote in our poll and tell us which wing do you think you’d like to stay in most. Then, comment on the blog post below and tell us which you picked and why. Do you like these options? Would you have preferred to see something else chosen? Share your thoughts.

The wing of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort that I want to stay in most is:

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

33 Responses to "Poll: Which wing of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort do you want to stay in most?"

1. Jill says:

Lion King! :) It’s my favorite Disney movie.

2. Jeremy Marx says:

I would vote in this order: 1. Little Mermaid / 2. Finding Nemo / 3. The Lion King / 4. Cars

3. WordVixen says:

I picked The Lion King because I figure it’ll be the closest that I can get to Animal Kingdom Lodge on a budget. :-)

I’m very curious to see the artist renditions and the finished product, though, because I want to see how they differentiate the new hotel theme from All Star Movies. The two sound too similar to me, yet I know that Disney wouldn’t make that mistake (other mistakes, maybe…).

I’m still miffed that they didn’t go with the original plan for the Legendary years though. I can so see a Marilyn Monroe section. ;-)

4. otisney says:

I choose Cars, because I love the look of the Great American West.

5. Julie says:

I feel as though Cars will probably be most popular with families with little boys, and that Lion King will be an adult favorite.
    I for one am excited for the Little Mermaid wing.

6. Saffie says:

If we stayed there right now (which yes, I know is impossible!) it would be Cars. My son is a Cars nut and I would stay where he would be happiest. If in two years when it opens he’s completely over Cars, I would stay in the Finding Nemo section. After that The Little Mermaid. Not a fan of The Lion King; it was one of my least favorite Disney movies. Too Shakespearean for a cartoon I guess! Reminded me of all that research I had to do on Hamlet! LOL.

7. Daniel says:

i voted what my daughter would have wanted me to vote. The little mermaid, its tough not knowing exactly what they look like.

8. Scott says:

I chose the Lion King for now. However, I have the feeling that eventually I might be able to stay in the Jungle Book section when Pop Century turns into the second phase of Art of Animation. (Disclaimer: this is just a theory I have, nothing has been announced regarding Pop Century changing themes)

9. Vanessa says:

I chose Finding Nemo because it is my favorite!!! But I wish you would have had Lady & The Tramp or 101 Dalmatians on the list.

10. alex says:

With Finding nemo are they going to change the room themes at caribbean beach?

11. Christine says:

Honestly, it sounds too much like the All Star Movies resort. I’m pretty indifferent to this complex.

12. Heather I. says:

Finding Nemo is one of the most colorful movies I’ve seen, so I would hope the resort wing would be the same. I can just imagine all the bright colors and an pool themed after the sea!

13. Funny that two themes are kind of desert like (at times), and two are under water. So, do you like water or land? Both found in Future World Westside.

14. Kim says:

Little Mermaid – I love the water and I’m picturing that it will be a vibrant, fun Caribbean look.

15. Ken says:

I don’t like Owen Wilson so I couldn’t choose Cars.

16. Brandon says:

Cars was a little too Dreamworks-like for my taste. How it gets a sequel before Incredibles is beyond my reasoning.
    My vote went with Little Mermaid.

17. Kerri says:

I think cars is a bad idea. But I like the little mermaid and lion king the best!

18. Lindsey says:

I would want to stay in the Lion King block- would be amazing to see Pride Rock with Rafiki at the forefront. I do agree though, that it does seem very similar to the Movies however I really enjoyed staying there.

19. Mikki Steiner says:

Just keep swimming!!!!! NEMO, yes!

20. Liz says:

As a mom with 2 boys, I was a little disappointed that the new Fantasyland appears to be so princess-centric, so I love the fact that they seem to have given us 1 girl option, 1 boy option and 2 gender-neutral options w/the new family suites. Of course, they will probably be so booked up that you will most likely have to get what you get for a while!

21. Joe D. says:

The little Mermaid. That was my favorite Disney Movie. To me it started my love for all things Disney.

22. Katie T-W says:

The Lion King for me. But I know I’d be voted out by my Little Mermaid loving sisters.

Cars is leaving me scratching my head (ahead of Toy Story?) as well as the fact there are two undersea themes going on.

If it were left to me, I would have picked a Pixar (Toy Story), a “classic” animated feature (Peter Pan/Snow White/Fantasia), a “renaissance” animated feature (The Little Mermaid/Beauty and the Beast/The Lion King) and the Fab Five.

Oh heck, you could devote entire wings to those categories never mind selecting specific films.

23. Jeff` says:

Sign us up for The Little Mermaid. We want to be part of her world

24. David-ohiodisneydad says:

With three little princesses it’s going to be the Little Mermaid for us.

25. Ashleigh says:

I have to say that looking at this poll, Disney really did its research! The themes are almost equally popular! I voted Lion King, but I’d stay at any of them!

26. LoriSue says:

Lion King was my daughter’s first Disney movie… 3 months old! Would have loved Beauty and the Beast (I SO love the Beast!) but the Lion King is definitely the first for me. Would have preferred Monsters, Inc. to cars on the Pixar side.

27. Steve says:

28. PlutoMomma says:

Lion King would most appeal to my nine year old son since the other wings are “girly” or just too young for his taste. Lion King transcends all ages and great for a boy or a girl. We can’t wait to stay there!

29. Disney Deb says:

With two grandchildren, one of each, I guess we’ll have to stay at Finding Nemo or Lion King….

30. Disney Deb says:

of course, It will depend on which one is preferred…

31. Betty says:

I am very excited about this new value resort, and we will definitely be staying there once it opens (as we always stay at Movies & Music presently). But I have to say, I am not so excited about the “theme” choices above. I loved all those movies. However, when it was first announced, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of showing all Art and Animation – not just a choice of 4 themed wings. There is so much wonderful Disney art and I would love to see it all represented in some way.

32. berdo says:

I love The Lion King so that’s a given for me. However, my wife and son LOVES Cars. I’ll probably get voted out, but I do like Cars as well.

33. Carol says:

I picked little Mermaid because those will be the standard rooms.

We don’t need/want a suite.

However, if they EVER share buses with the Pop Century, we won’t stay there at all.