Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #176 for the week of June 27, 2010.

This week, we’re going to take a very detailed look at one of Walt Disney World’s classic, opening day attractions. One that is significant not just because of it’s rich history, but because of its importance in the history of the Disney parks, personal connection to Walt Disney, and stories behind the stories that play a role in its inclusion at the heart of the Magic Kingdom. And with dramatic changes coming to Fantasyland, and a minor change to this attraction itself, it’s a great time to take a look at the attraction with Jim Korkis that to many will always be known as Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel.

I’ll play more of your voicemails and have a few announcements at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

INFORMATION AND LINKS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW

Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World and other Disney Events and Meetups

To join us for a PRE-CRUISE stay in Walt Disney World before we embark on the Disney Dream on Feb. 27, 2011, visit MouseFanTravel for package information, including our Illuminations party! (Note: Package is only open to those confirmed as booked with us on the cruise. Rates INCLUDE the IllumiNations party the night before we embark)

Join us for other special events, Walt Disney World meetups and more! Get more information, dates and locations here

9 Responses to "Show # 176 – June 27, 2010"

1. Bill Naile says:

You went running with me this morning Lou. I enjoyed the show very much. I think that you should Jim do a 24 hour podcast. He would have no problem filling it.

2. Sarah says:

Hi Lou! Loved the podcast this week, it’s always great to learn the history/story/plot behind the attractions in Walt Disney World! Jim is a Disney treasure and I love listening to him as well! My family and I are going to Disney in early December, hope to see you then either by chance or Meet of the Month!

3. Mike Fink says:

Love that candid Jim Korkis. Great show.

4. Mark Vitek says:

Excellent show this week Lou! I’ve always enjoyed just watching the Carousel, even more than riding it. This show truly touched on that beauty and history. Bravo!

~Mark.

5. Bonnie in FL says:

I really liked learning about the history of the Carousel with Jim Korkis and Lou! You guys are a great team, we want more!!

6. Mercurywaxing says:

Sorry Lou, but that danced very close to being one of “those” Disney podcasts. His “candid” to me seemed irritable. Especially when he decided to yell, and that’s how he came off in those 5 minutes in the middle of the podcast when he was ranting about how stupid it was. You really should have cut him off or edited. It took me right out of the podcast.

7. Peaches509 says:

Love listing to Jim Korkis, his knowledge and passion on WDW is awsome

8. WDWLocal says:

I don’t like the fact that those ridiculous made up stories of Cinderella & Prince Charming getting divorced were brought up. That and Mr. Korkis’ anti-change attitude.

In addition, yes, the carousel’s new name and storyline ARE part of the new backstories that are going to be established with the upcoming Fantasyland expansion.

Great, informative show overall, though.

9. Katy M says:

The segments with Jim Korkis are quickly becoming favorites of mine. What a wealth of knowledge that guy has! Truly fascinating to listen to. Not sure what I missed but I did not think he was yelling, I will have to listen again since I saved this one as a favorite. When we go down in October I want to be able to tell my mom and cousin some interesting tidbits. Thanks again for a great show!