Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #180 for the week of July 25, 2010.

This past month, the streets of Harambe Village in Africa in Disney’s Animal Kingdom came to life with a brand new, special event – the nightly Taste of Africa Street Party. Celebrating the culinary and cultural traditions of many African nations, guests could sample a variety of different foods, wines and beers, as well as meet artisans practicing their crafts, all within a high-energy, festival-like atmosphere. This week, I’m joined on the roundtable by others who experienced the party as we discuss all that it entailed, our review of the food and party as a whole, and what the future may hold for this, or other events of this type.

I’ll test your knowledge of Walt Disney World trivia in this week’s contest, where I’ll give you a chance to play and win some Disney prizes, have a few announcements and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

INFORMATION AND LINKS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW

Taste of Africa Street Party 2010 Guidemap

Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World and other Disney Events and Meetups

Glenn Whelan’s Pretty Good Movie Ride

To join us for a PRE-CRUISE stay in Walt Disney World before we embark on the Disney Dream on Feb. 27, 2011, visit MouseFanTravel for package information, including our Illuminations party! (Note: Package is only open to those confirmed as booked with us on the cruise. Rates INCLUDE the IllumiNations party the night before we embark)

Join us for other special events, Walt Disney World meetups and more! Get more information, dates and locations here

Get the Latest Disney Updates Delivered to You Each Week!

9 Responses to "Show # 180 – July 25, 2010"

1. Mark Vitek says:

Another great show this week! After hearing about it, I’m really hoping that the Taste of Africa Street Party becomes a permanent, even if annual, event. It sounds fun, fantastic and delicious! And another great addition to the tasty events WDW puts out.

~Mark.

2. Jon Grant says:

If you didn’t make it down for the Taste of Africa Street Party, much of the food served there is also available daily in Tusker House, including the Samosas with Mango Chutney, the Cape Malay Curried Chicken and the Banana Bread Pudding… all you can eat!!!

3. Lou Mongello says:

Jonathan – I completely forgot that much of that is available there… Not saying I don’t believe you, but maybe you and I should go check it out… just to be sure! ;)

MMmmmmmm… Cape Malay Curried Chicken

4. Bonnie in FL says:

You can also get Samosas at Sanaa. I’m just sayin’. I loved Taste of Africa too!

5. Shalon Given says:

Great show Lou! I had the chance to experience the Taste of Africa party a few weeks ago with 2 friends and have to agree with you it was a great experience and I would love to see it become more regular. Between the 3 of us we were able to sample all the food offerings (except the shrimp since it didn’t appeal to any of us). My favorite was also the Curried Chicken with rice. We also enjoyed the wine/beer walk about and thought the price and selection was great.

6. Katy M says:

Wow the guidemaps look really cool. I really enjoyed the show this week Lou, as always! Hopefully they will have the Taste of Africa again at different times throughout the year. I absolutely love Animal Kingdom and it sounds like it would bring alot more to the park.

7. Barrett Nichols says:

Great round table, good variety of opinions and views. That whole part of the animal kingdom always impressed me. When we took my mom and dad (limited mobility)a while ago they just sat in the Fruit Market area and soaked it all up. Once while having at snack at Tuskers we were sitting way in back, heard these noises from a second floor room, realized it was “set dressing” for the area, so cool.
    Too bad they didn’t hype this up a little before hand, wonder what the angle was there. Sounds like they hit a home run with the food and beverage selections.
    Keep up the great work!! Kind of burnt out on Disney but you guys keep enticing me, one of these days…

8. Lou Mongello says:

Still can’t believe Glenn bought a Coke…

Frozen Mango shakes… coconut water… sugar cane juice… and he buys a Coke. I may have to revoke his membership card LOL

9. James says:

Great podcast, as always. I have to say that your reference to “Superman” near the end of the show had me laughing out loud.