/ Thursday, August 12th, 2010

The Fun is Ghostly but Not Ghastly on 24 Select Nights During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kindgom with Special Savings for Advance Ticket Purchases

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – “Boo” has never been uttered in a bouncier, bubblier, “not-so-scary” fashion than during Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween parade … and ghostly apparitions never have been more wistful than they are skittering along the rooftops of Main Street, U.S.A.  When you put it together with a green and orange fireworks spectacular and Land-to-Land trick-or-treating throughout Magic Kingdom, you have a Halloween event like none other: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

It’s enough to bring a smile to the face of a Disney villain!  And the special-ticket after-hours party on 24 select evenings between Sept. 14 and Nov. 1, 2010, at Walt Disney World Resort will do just that.  About the only one not wearing a grin is The Headless Horseman as he rides his trusty steed through the park ahead (no pun intended) of the parade.

Guests wanting to join in the spirit (no pun intended) of the party are welcome to don their favorite Halloween costumes for the 7 p.m.-to-12 midnight event. The “Boo-to-You” parade takes place at 8:15 and 10:30 p.m. and the “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks spectacular at 9:30 p.m.

In addition to trick-or-treating, meet and greets with characters and entertainment unique to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, many popular Magic Kingdom attractions – including, of course, The Haunted Mansion – are available to experience (but beware of hitchhiking ghosts).

Party dates in 2010 are:

Sept. 14, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30

Oct. 1, 3, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29, 31

and Nov. 1.

Prices are $59.95 (ages 10+) and $53.95 (ages 3-9) for all dates except Oct. 29 and Oct. 31 when tickets cost $64.95 (ages 10+) and $58.95 (ages 3-9).  Advance purchase (prior to event day) savings of $6 per ticket are available for the parties on Sept. 14, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30; Oct. 1, 3, 7, 11, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 24, 26; and Nov. 1.

Additional information is available at www.disneyworld.com/halloween.  Tickets may be purchased online or by calling 407/W-DISNEY.

Are you going to the party? Whether you are or even if you can’t make it this year, tell us: What Disney character will you (and your family) be dressing as for Halloween this year?

12 Responses to "Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Walt Disney World – 2010 Dates and Pricing"

1. Rebecca says:

Last year, the family (7 of us) went as characters from Peter Pan.

This year, there will be 16 of us! The “over 50″ crowd is going as Mouseketeers. The 13 and under are going as the evil step-sisters, Cruella Deville, Maleficent, the Madhatter, and the Queen of Hearts. One Couple is going to be Aladdin and Jasmine, another Burt and Mary Poppins, and my husband and I will be Snow White and her Prince.

We can’t wait!!

2. Cortegro says:

I am going to my 1st MNSSHP as a Totally Tired Overweight Night After Half Marathon Runner. (if I am still alive…)

I might try to cobble together a Mighty Casey at Bat uniform last minute…..

3. Marie says:

We are going to be Hiacynth Hippo and Ben Ali Gator from Fantasia! We have never been to MNSSHP before, and hope to go someday soon.

4. Lariviere says:

My husband and our two children are attending our first MNSSHP. My daughter will be going as Belle, after she goes to the BBB, and my son will be Captain Hook after attending the Pirate’s League.

5. Liz says:

I’m hoping to get a great costume together. It sounds like many adults dress up as well as the kids. Am I correct? I hope so!

6. Sarah says:

This will be our 4 time going and we always go as the same characters. I’m going as Constance, the bride in the attic from the Haunted Mansion and my fiance is going as Phineas, one of the hitchhiking ghost. We have the best time every year and we can’t wait to go this year! Speaking of which, we need to start seeing what updates we need to make to our costumes for this year!

7. Daniel says:

This will be our first MNSSHP. The wife and I will be going as Woody and Jesse from the “Toy Story” movies.

8. chrissy&tayen says:

were going on the 24th of oct.. this is our 2nd time going.. and were going as king henry the 8th and queen anne .. we had a blast the first year we went.. and as we got married on halloween.. this is our time of year :)

9. Jennifer Tremley says:

Yes my partner and I are going to MNSSHP this year on 9/21 and we can’t wait!! We love this event and we are still deciding on what to go as. I am thinking either pirate or Chef Remy

10. Adam says:

hey lou this is really off topic but can u please do another quest for the best video? thx!!!

11. Tina Cole says:

We’re going to MNSSHP again this year. It’s a great party and we love the parade. We’re not dressing up this year, but we love to see the other costumes – both adults and children. Some are very unique.

12. Lani Khounvixay says:

Got tickets in the mail today for the night of Halloween!! Woohoo! Our first time and our first wedding anniversary too!