Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #184 for the week of August 22, 2010.

This week, I’m pleased to be able to share with you an interview with another Disney Legend. And this one is special because I had the rare opportunity to speak with one of the original Imagineers, and a man who is credited with designing just about anything with wheels for the Disney parks.

He is Bob Gurr, whose work on designing the Monorail, OmniMover, Audio-Animatronics, Main Street vehicles and countless others earned him the Disney Legend status in 2004. I had a chance to sit down with Bob and interview him on stage in front of a crowd of Disney enthusiasts at a recent meet, and recorded the audio to share with you. It’s a fascinating look at the life of a man whose work was instrumental in the development of attractions which continue to delight millions of guests to this day.

I’ll then have a few announcements and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from this week’s show:

PNW MouseMeet site and photos

Bob Gurr’s page on the Disney Legends site

DisneyMeets.com – Join us for Disney fan gatherings and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World, including D23’s Destination D special World of Color event & meets in Disneyland, Congaloosh, the Food & Wine Walkabout & more! Get dates and locations here!

Post your Disney Cruise Line and Disney Dream questions here

Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Open House – Join us in person or online on Sat. Aug. 28 – Click here for more information

Get the Latest Disney Updates Delivered to You Each Week!

10 Responses to "Show # 184 – August 22, 2010"

1. Bonnie in FL says:

Loved the interview with Bob Gurr! He is so inspiring!

2. Alicia McCallen says:

Amazing interview with Bob Gurr, great show!

3. Debbie M. says:

Lou, this show and interview is what separates you from everyone else. Your professionalism, preparedness, respect, and admiration for your guests is punctuated only by your sheer joy in speaking to them. Your sincere excitement and emotion come through in this and everything you do.

I look forward to your shows each and every week (yes, I’ve listened to them all – some more than once), and hope to see even more of you, not just in your wonderful videos (more please!!) but I think that there are even bigger and better things for you in your future! (Disney? Travel Channel? Are you listening??) :)

Debbie M.

4. Zachary in FL says:

great show i just found this website and its awesome!

5. Ken B says:

Great Show Lou! Bob Gurr is so much more than a Disney Legend. He should get (with Marty Sklar) a Disney God status. My favorite thing about him is his sincere and humble attitude. Thank you for including the video audio – Great info/insights with that. Look forward to meeting you at DestinationD, room reserved – World of Color Dessert Ticket purchased! :)

6. Mark says:

Great Interview! Does anybody know of the book that Bob Gurr references in regards to EPCOT?

7. Kos says:

Great podcast. I am a long time listener and this is one of my favorites.

The book mentioned is “Walt Disney and the Quest for Community”

8. RDWOOLF says:

Wow, that was a great show. I could listen to Bob Gurr tell Disney stories for hours and hours.

9. Robin Ecklin says:

Stellar interview Lou! Really wish I could’ve been there to see it live but was in the box. Already listened twice to this podcast but gonna have to listen again to take it all in. Lots of great information! Keep up the good work!

10. Fantastic show Lou! I will remember this interview forever! It’s a treasure.