/ Sunday, January 2nd, 2011

Top Ten Disney Moments of 2010

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #203 for the week of January 2, 2011.

Let me start off by wishing you and your families a very Happy New Year, and as we enter 2011, I wanted to look back on 2010 and some of its most important developments, additions, announcements and events. With so many to choose from, we’ll try and narrow it down to our Top Ten Disney Moments of 2010.

I’ll have a few announcements, including information about a special WDW Radio LIVE broadcast coming soon, updates on the WDW Radio Cruise on the Disney Dream, and then play some of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show

Join Lou Mongello from WDW Radio on the Christening Voyage of the Disney Dream! Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lou will be broadcasting LIVE at http://WDWRadioLIVE.com/ as he boards the ship and from onboard throughout the day! Join us “in the box,” check out the new ship and share in the festivities! Planning on joining us? RSVP on the Facebook Event Page Stay tuned for more details as we get closer, and follow Lou on http://Twitter.com/LouMongello for instant updates

Join us every Wednesday at 7:30 pm EST at WDWNewsCast.com. Click HERE to watch past episodes, subscribe to the show and comment on the WDWRadio YouTube Channel

Join us for the WDWRadio Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic Tour!

August 14-19, 2011

Click here or the logo for more information!

WDW Radio Cruise on the Disney Dream Logo Gear at Cafepress

DisneyMeets.com – Join us for Disney fan gatherings and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World and other events around the country! Get dates and locations here!

Audio Guide to Walt Disney World

Lou Mongello’s Audio Guides to Walt Disney World -Available NOW as an instant download or on CD! Order all 5 on CD and save! Click Here to learn more or order!

14 Responses to "Show # 203 – January 2, 2011"

1. Charlie says:

The return of Captain EO was a big highlight for me this year. I remember going to it when it opened it the 80′s and it was exactly like I remembered it. I enjoyed watching it with my children and explaining the story to them.
    Great time!!

2. Erica says:

My top Disney moment of 2010 was my first Disney fan meet – the WDW Radio Walkabout at the Food & Wine Festival!

3. Amy says:

My top Disney moments of 2010 were getting engaged during Wishes at the California Grill, and meeting you at the Wine and Dine Marathon Finish Line party in Epcot! Getting to see my fiance, Anthony, meet you was an amazing moment, as was walking with you around Epcot. The German Party Line was a great moment too!!

4. Chrissy says:

…my top Disney moment was when my entire family was at the World in September to witness my sister get married at the Rotunda in the American Adventure at Epcot, and when Mickey and Minnie “crashed” the reception at the California Grill!!! :)

5. I have to say the highlight of 2010 was being named Disney’s Biggest Fan and the trip that went along with it. We did so many incredible things during that trip in March. It will always be a very special trip for me and my family.

6. Though finishing the 2010 Half Marathon was a close second…

7. Mary Albright says:

Top Disney Moments in 2010…

Incentive Trip in June with private early entry to Magic Kingdom and after hours private party at MGM.
    Finally seeing Mulch, Sweat and Shears
    Having Lou finally email me and then meeting up in December
    Getting a sugar rush from Karamel Kuche
    Saving the world with my daughter…Kim Possible style…three more times
    Lunch with an Imagineer

I think I’ll stop there.

8. Michael Campe says:

My top highlight for 2010 was chEARing my Sweetie through the Princess 1/2 Marathon…followed closely by my porking myself across the finish line at Expedition EVEREST 5K, meeting Lou who isn’t that short… who’s kidding my 12 year old daughter is taller, but he is so cute.

9. Jenn says:

Finally taking a girls-only trip with my BFF and matron-of-honor.
    Taking my mother and husband to Food and Wine festival!
    Seeing Captain EO, finally!
    Karmel Kuche.
    Star Wars Weekends + Empire Strikes Back anniversary = Win!
    Completing a 4-Park Challenge with BFF!
    Combining WDW Radio podcasts while scrapbooking my trips – Win!
    Getting a better job/career to fund future visits :)
    Trying out the Fireworks Dessert party…. yum!

10. Emma Godbold says:

My top five Disney moments of 2010 (in reverse order):

5 – Taking part in my first WDW Radio Live show (I became an ‘In the Box’ person!!)
    4 – Hearing my Listener Email being answered by Lou and Beci on the show
    3 – Finally getting back to WDW in December 2010 (after a 5 year break)
    2- Attending the 200th episode party and meeting Lou

And the mega TOP Disney moment of 2010 has to be……

1 – Getting to spend the morning with my partner and Lou in the UK pavilion at Epcot, recording a segment for the show…..AWESOME!!!!

Thanks Lou for making so many of my 2010 moments special.

11. Alexis says:

What is the name of the iphone App talked about in this episode?

thanks!

12. MarkW says:

I think that Pixar films and characters will always be Pixar but also part of Disney now. This isn’t a bad thing — It’s part of a great happy eclectic Disney family. Let’s not try to change that… Thanks for a fun podcast episode! Tim and Lou are really great radio personalities!

13. Rene Baron says:

I was shocked to hear Lou say Golden Oaks was the first opportunity for us to buy a home in Disney World. Celebration was the first (1996) and the homes are a lot less than at Golden Oaks. As with Golden Oaks, everyone thought that Celebration residents would get special Disney deals. Not so. If Golden Oaks is like Celebration, it is a planned community. Disney owns it but as private people come in and buy homes the Disney-owned area is less and less and the private ownership is more and more. A planned community is governed by the owners and, at first, as the major owner, Disney has more say. As the place is built out and more and more comes into private hands, Disney has less votes on the board and the private owners have more. Celebration only has one or two Disney representative on the Celebration board at this time.

I have owned in Celebration since 1998 and I love it! Living in Disneyland has been a lifelong dream of mine since my first visit to Disneyland in 1957. I feel like I’ve finally gotten my life’s dream with my home in Celebration. Disney World is even better than Disneyland for me. I go to one of the parks almost everyday. I’m living my dream!!!!

14. Kristi Schmidt says:

I know this show was all about Disney, but I think you made a big overlook my not mentioning the opening of Harry Potter at Universal. I’m a huge Disney freak, but we are skipping Disney Parks this year to really check out Harry Potter. I would think it benefits all the theme parks and local economy have something this new and exciting.