Listen to the Show
Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #210 for the week of February 20, 2011.
Walt Disney World is not just a place for kids and families to enjoy their time in the parks. In fact, it is one of the most popular destination wedding locations in the world. It’s a place where fairytale dreams have become reality for more than 40,000 brides and grooms. Each is unique and reflects the couple, and this week, we’re going to meet a couple that is going through the planning process for their Disney Fairy Tale Wedding. We will follow them along the way to go through the initial planning process, through each of the steps in the preparation, to the rehearsal and actual wedding in Walt Disney World. We’ll start off this week by going through the preliminary phases and finalizing details, as they get ready for the big day. Whether you’re planning your own or curious about the process, it’s an interesting look at how Disney literally makes dreams come true.
I’ll have a few announcements and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.
Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
Information and Links From This Week’s Show
Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Information and Fun Facts:
- Now more than 1,000 couples tie the knot each year at Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort and aboard Disney Cruise Line. Since September 1991, Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings has hosted some 40,000 weddings.
Couples have traveled from every state in the United States and from international locations such as Japan, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom, Germany and the Netherlands to get married at Walt Disney World Resort.
Some brides and grooms choose non-traditional methods of transportation to arrive to the ceremony — such as on horseback, Cinderella’s glass coach, a horse-drawn carriage or vintage automobile.
- According to wedding industry experts, Walt Disney World Resort is recognized as a top-ranked honeymoon destination and destination weddings venue
- The sky is the limit for themed weddings — from an enchanting Cinderella-like wedding in Magic Kingdom or a Hollywood extravaganza in Disney’s Hollywood Studios to international-themed nuptials at Epcot or a safari-themed reception at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The Wedding Pavilion can host up to six weddings per day, and up to 12 weddings can occur each day at various locations onWalt Disney World property
- Wedding prices begin at $4,750 for an Escape Wedding Collection gathering for two. Wishes Wedding Collection ceremonies start at $10,000 for 20 guests or more. An average wedding at Disney is approximately $20,000 for 50 people.
- The first wedding at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion was televised live June 18, 1995, on Lifetime Television as part of its œWeddings of a Lifetime series.
- A Magic Kingdom wedding for the 10th anniversary of œThe Oprah Winfrey Show was a star-studded affair, with performances by Celine Dion, Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle.
- At least twice during the 15-year history of the Walt Disney World Marathon, couples have stopped mid-race to get married in front of Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom.
- A couple took the plunge, literally, on The Twilight Zone„¢ Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios while they tied the knot.
- Most recently featured on œABC Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Travel Channel, WE TV and Food Network.
- Disney’s Honeymoon Registry, which launched Feb. 14, 2007, is a complimentary online service that allows couples to create a gift registry for components of an all-inclusive honeymoon to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, aboard a Disney Cruise Line ship, or at select Disney Vacation Club Resorts.
- Renowned wedding stylist and trend-setter David Tutera has a couture line of celebrity-style weddings available exclusively at Walt Disney World Resort.
- On Disney Cruise Line, couples can exchange vows in a ceremony onboard the ship, or stop ashore for a romantic beachside ceremony on Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay. A sparkling turquoise lagoon, a pristine white sand beach and palm trees swaying in the breeze are the perfect backdrop for the ultimate ceremony.
- Franck’s Bridal Studio now offers online planning tools to help brides with remote planning.
Lou Mongello’s Audio Guides to Walt Disney World -Available NOW as an instant download or on CD! Order all 5 on CD and save! Click Here to learn more or order!