/ Sunday, February 13th, 2011

Listener Emails

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #209 for the week of February 6, 2011.

I’ll open up the inbox this week and answer many of your listener emails. Questions include reasons to stay in a Walt Disney World Resort, transferring park tickets, a look back at the Moonlight Cruise, visiting the parks before or after a Disney Cruise, DiveQuest at the Living Seas, WiFi at the Disney Resorts, multiple rooms vs. getting a villa, dining plan credits, and question for you about that mysterious island in the middle of Bay Lake.

I’ll have a few announcements including details about upcoming Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World, and then play some of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show

Discovery Island Information:

Lou’s WDW Radio post about the complete history of Discovery Island on Bay Lake

Listen to our Wayback Machine segment on Show #94 – Nov. 23, 2008

Listener Question: What would YOU like to see come to Discovery Island on Bay Lake? Be an Imagineer-for-a-Day and tell us in the Comments sections below what type of experience(s) you’d bring!

Join us every Wednesday at 7:30 pm EST at WDWNewsCast.com. Click HERE to watch past episodes, subscribe to the show and comment on the WDWRadio YouTube Channel

DisneyMeets.com – Join us for Disney fan gatherings and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World and other events around the country! Get dates and locations here!

Audio Guide to Walt Disney World

Lou Mongello’s Audio Guides to Walt Disney World -Available NOW as an instant download or on CD! Order all 5 on CD and save! Click Here to learn more or order!

Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

13 Responses to "Show # 209 – February 13, 2011"

1. Jemma says:

I went on a treasure hunt on that mysterious island when I was a kid but for the life of me can’t remember the name. I want to say treasure island? Jemma

2. Sheila says:

I was thinking maybe a seak and find, Disney adventure. Maps with clues about wdw, things to find and learn about the history and future of Disney.

3. Kendall says:

This could be an awesome place to relocate The Adventurers’ Club. The whole island could be themed to the club. Maybe a portion of it could be adults only and another part could be open to families. There could be a use of some of the technology along the lines of the Midship Detective Agency or Kim Possible…some kind of interactive adventure tied-in to the history of the club.

4. Kendall says:

This could be an awesome place to relocate The Adventurer’s Club. The whole island could be themed around the club. Maybe a portion of the island could be adults only, and then another part could be open to families. They could utilize some technology along the lines of the Midship Detective Agency or Kim Possible for an adventure quest.

5. john O says:

Adventurer’s Island. Relocate the adventurer’s club to it.

6. John says:

Adventurer’s Club Island. It’s perfect for the Adventurer’s Club Theme.

7. Dave Dominie says:

How about an extension of Fort Wilderness. Make wilderness campsites (tent sites only) for Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Boys Clubs, Girls Club, etc. Set it up Jamboree Style. I know several Boy Scout Troops from here have gone to WDW on different occasions.

8. Kene says:

WDWRADIO.COM Station. Broadcasting WDWRadio to the entire disney world on FM 101. Home of the Mongello web cam 24 hours a day. I’m just Saying.

9. Emma Godbold says:

I’d like to see it left as a nature reserve, don’t disturb the wildlife that have made it their home….but..let guests take an exclusive behind the scenes tour of the wildlife on a ‘Jungle tour’. The guide could have a map and could lead people through the overgrown bushes and trees looking out for birds, animals, and various insects!!

10. Chuck Munson says:

Man, I knew I liked Beci for a reason. I was all set to agree with the Adventurers’ Club theme (except for the potential transportation issues with the numbers of visitors that I’m sure that Disney would like to have in order to make something like that pay and profit) and then she HAD to mention DIsney Survivor. What an awesome thought. Funny, the actual Survivor has you winning a million dollars; I bet there’d be a number of super fans who would *pay* the same to do Disney Survivor, LOL! Games based on Disney trivia, Disney movies (I’m seeing a “Swiss Family Robinson” -style race with oh-so-cooperative donkeys, elephants and ostriches!), etc. But I guess the lawyers would fall all over themselves with the release documents.

When all is said and done, I think I would be more of a mind, like Emma Godbold above said, that the wildlife know has a natural home and anything done with the island should recognize that.

11. Mike Fink says:

I don’t see much change for the island because it is overrun by vultures. You can see (and smell) them when you pass the island in a boat. If Disney relocates the vultures they will eventually return to the island. Disney cannot exterminate them (they’ve already had big trouble with that issue). So what can you do? No one wants to share an island with vultures — they’re nasty and aggressive birds. The vultures won, sorry.

12. Tony E says:

KINGDOM KEEPERS ISLAND!

13. Chuck Zitta says:

In response to your comments on staying at a Disney resort that offers the best access to the Disney transportation system. My plan, on our last trip down, was to stay somewhere that offered Disney transportation options, with keeping the bus rides to a minimum. I have to say, staying at the Beach Club Resort worked out just as I had hoped. Just a walk to Epcot or the Boardwalk and a boat ride to HWS. Walked to the Monorail, via, through Epcot for the Magic Kingdom as well. The only Park we had to use the bus transportation for was Animal Kingdom; plus, getting over to Disney Springs. Goal accomplished! Spent as little time as possible on the buses. Any resort around Crescent Lake would be a great option for us. IMO, make the island pirate themed, go back to the Treasure Island name, and make all activities pirate related; with treasure hunts, pirate training (like Jedi training), live shows, maybe an attraction or two and pirate merchandise. Other idea for the island: Pleasure island themed from Pinocchio movie; characters from the movie would wander the island, unlimited fun for both little and big kids; attractions and activities would all be related to the movie! Thanks again for another fabulous show, Lou and Beci!!!