Listen to the Show
Star Tours and Star Wars Weekends, Interview with Imagineer Kathy Rogers
Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #224 for the week of May 29, 2011.
Last week marked the grand opening of Star Tours: The Adventures Continue at Disneyâ€™s Hollywood Studios. It launched with a very special event, celebrity guests, and a few surprises, as the first Star Wars Weekends of 2011 opened to guests young and old, eager to enjoy the joining of the Disney and Star Wars forces. This week, weâ€™ll discuss the new attraction, the Star Wars Weekends events, and also have an interview with Kathy Rogers, Senior Show Producer and Design Administrator for Walt Disney Imagineering. She discusses the history of the attraction, working with George Lucas, some of the new technologies and much more!
Stay tuned for some information about upcoming events and more, and some of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.
Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
Information and Links from This Week’s Show
- Visit LouMongello.com to find out more about Lou’s private tours of Walt Disney World
- WDW Radio Disney Book Club – Future titles include”
- June and July: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Price of Freedom by A.C. Crispin. Learn the story behind how Jack Sparrow became a pirate in this book which serves as a prequel to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies
- August and September: Spinning Disney’s World by Charlie Ridgway. As we prepare to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Walt Disney World, let’s see what it was like 40 years ago with someone who was there on opening day
- Join us every Wednesday at 7:30 pm EST at WDWNewsCast.com. Click HERE to watch past episodes, subscribe to the sho w and comment on the WDWRadio YouTube Channel
- DisneyMeets.com â€“ Join us for Disney fan gatherings and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World and other events around the country! Get dates and locations here!
Explore hundreds of Walt Disney World secrets and fun facts with the Disney World Trivia iPhone app!
This unique collection of nearly 750 multiple-choice questions covers all four theme parks and every Walt Disney World attraction â€“ almost 90 different rides and shows!
Detailed answers provide in-depth historical and background information, secrets, fun facts and wonderful details that will add new dimensions to your enjoyment of your favorite vacation destination
Test your Disney knowledge at home, bring it to the parks to enhance your experience during your visit. Play with family and friends or test yourself anytime! You can even share your score with others online!
If youâ€™re in the parks, the app can use the built-in GPS (if your device supports it) to sort questions by the attractions you are closest to, so you can have fun and learn more about exactly where you are in Walt Disney World! You can also sort by area or lands, or by name to find your favorites easily.
In addition to the trivia questions, the Home Screen features hundreds of fascinating Did You Know facts and figures. You also get easy, one-click access to connect with Lou and the show, the WDW Radio show, discussion forums, online store, free videos, blog, and much more!
Itâ€™s a whole new way to enjoy the Disney magic for fans of all ages at home or in the parks!
Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with iOS 3.1.3 or later