Listen to the Show
Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #225 for the week of June 5, 2011.
In Walt Disney World, the concept that “everything speaks” holds true not just for attractions and shows, but restaurants, environments and even the resorts. And with that, it means that everything see you encounter tells a story, and every detail has meaning, even in places you might not otherwise expect. And that holds true for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. This week, we’ll take a very close look at the interesting history of these resorts, their theming, secrets, and myths that surround them as well. It’s a fascinating look into two buildings with a deeper Disney connection and story than you might expect.
Stay tuned for some information about upcoming events including our fundraising for Japan before playing some of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show
Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
Information and Links from This Week’s Show
Disclaimer: The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is an advertiser on WDW Radio. However, this segment was prepared, recorded and edited outside of that agreement, and with no input or influence from the Swan and Dolphin in any way. No compensation was received in cash or exchange for the recording and/or airing of this segment.
- Purchase The Vault of Walt by Jim Korkis on Amazon.com
- Yesterland.com by Werner Weiss
- Visit LouMongello.com to find out more about Lou’s private tours of Walt Disney World
- WDW Radio Disney Book Club – Future titles include”
- June and July: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Price of Freedom by A.C. Crispin. Learn the story behind how Jack Sparrow became a pirate in this book which serves as a prequel to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies
- August and September: Spinning Disney’s World by Charlie Ridgway. As we prepare to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Walt Disney World, let’s see what it was like 40 years ago with someone who was there on opening day
- Join us every Wednesday at 7:30 pm EST at WDWNewsCast.com. Click HERE to watch past episodes, subscribe to the sho w and comment on the WDWRadio YouTube Channel
- Lou Mongelloâ€™s Audio Guides to Walt Disney World -Available NOW as an instant download or on CD! Order all 5 on CD and save! Click Here to learn more or order!
- DisneyMeets.com Join us for Disney fan gatherings and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World and other events around the country! Get dates and locations here!