/ Thursday, August 25th, 2011

Virtual Tour of the Norway Pavilion in Epcot

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #236 for the week of August 21, 2011.

This week, we’re going to a take a detailed tour of the Norway pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase. Along with listeners who are from Norway, we’ll explore the pavilion and how similar and different it is from the Scandinavian kingdom. Recorded live from the pavilion itself, we’ll discuss the architecture, culture, symbolism, history and stories, as we virtually tour the entire pavilion, including the courtyard, church, shops, dining options and attraction. It’s a fascinating look into how and where Norwegian culture, traditions and history are found in the pavilion itself, and the attention to detail that Disney’s Imagineers included to provide guests a truly authentic experience.

I’ll play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Question for YOU: What do you enjoy most about the Norway pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase? Have you ever eaten at Akershus? What is your opinion on Maelstrom?

Bonus Content: Full audio from our live sampling and review of food from the Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe and other tastes of Norway: Food Tasting from Norway Tour (right-click to download)

Walt Disney World Audio Tour – Frontierland Now Available

9 Responses to "Show # 236 – August 21, 2011"

1. mike segee says:

thanks for doing this I have a family tie to the norway pavilion my grand father build the ride his name is bill holly

2. Julie says:

Wish I had a rice cream to eat while I listen to this!

3. Jen Tremley says:

I love the Norway pavilion. I love the Maelstrom and especially LOVE the Bakery! Great things to eat there and I enjoy meandering through the pavillion everytime I go to Epcot. I am of Swedish descent and even though they are different countries, they do share a few similarities. I ate at Akerhus a long time ago before they changed it into the Princess character meal. I wish they would offer a lunch without characters so people who want to just experience the food and are on the Disney Dining Plan can use that as 1 table service credit without the characters. Don’t get me wrong I love characters, but I wouldn’t necessarily want to use 2 dining credits when I don’t have kids to eat there. Norway is one of my favorite pavillions in World Showcase…Love the Lefse & the Schoolbread!!!!!!

4. Sylvan Scherer says:

Loved the show I do wish you could also do these in video so we can see where you are going and what you are talking about. I will you could do a Weekly show on the Travel channel for all of us Disney fans that can not get there as much as we would like. Thanks again Lou for all your great information.

5. Emma G says:

Great to listen to the second instalment of this series ;)

6. Dawn M. says:

I seem to be perpetually behind by a few weeks; I just listened to this episode. When my husband took me to Disney World for the very first time, one of my most magical moments happened at the Norway Pavilion. There was only a few people (3-5) behind us in line for the Maelstrom and the Cast Member saw our various buttons and gave us a boat to ourselves.

7. Bryan says:

Fantastic episode! Would love to hear you complete the entire World Showcase.

8. Laura L says:

Loved this episode. Such articulate and interesting guests! I love how EPCOT exposes me to new cultures and history! More pavilions and international guests please….

9. Lisa P says:

This is the best podcast yet! Loved that you had natives touring with you! I sure hope that you do the rest of the countries – especially France!