/ Tuesday, September 20th, 2011

Top Ten Relaxing Attractions in Walt Disney World

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #240 for the week of September 18, 2011.

Everyone who visits Walt Disney World has their favorites – Resorts, parks, restaurants and of course, attractions. For some, it’s all about the thrills, while others prefer attractions that maybe a bit slower. And so this week, we’ll look at the Top Ten Relaxing Attractions in Walt Disney World.

I’ll have more information about our 40-Hour live broadcast celebrating Walt Disney World’s 40th Anniversary on October 1, before playing more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Question for YOU: What is YOUR favorite relaxing attraction in Walt Disney World?

• Disney Fan Meets and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World – Get dates and locations at DisneyMeets.com
  • WDWNewsCast – Watch & chat during our LIVE NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET – Be part of the broadcast & discuss live in the chat room at http://WDWNewsCast.com
  • WDW Radio on YouTube – Watch past episodes, subscribe to the show and comment on the WDWRadio YouTube Channel

23 Responses to "Show # 240 – September 18, 2011"

1. Derek S says:

I find the Gran Fiesta Tour in the Mexico pavillion at Epcot to be pretty relaxing. There’s something relaxing about the Mexican music coupled with a boat ride.

2. Manisha says:

Great show! But I was thinking – no one mentioned attractions from the Water Parks?! How about the Lazy River at Typhoon Lagoon.

3. Happy says:

I do find the ferry boats from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom to be relaxing…(sometimes!)…on a nice sunny afternoon when most people are already in MK….ah!….

Hap!

4. Elroy H. says:

Lou, there are lots of relaxing attractions outside the theme parks. One of best is the Sassagoula River Cruise, which runs from the Port Orleans resorts to Downtown Disney. This is a great way to relax after a long day at the parks!

5. figdonpat says:

Great Top 10 guys! My wife suggested Soarin’ as her most relaxing attraction. Between all the smells and gentle rocking it is definitely relaxing.

6. Deveney says:

The most relaxing thing my family enjoys at WDW is really two relaxing things all wrapped up in one. We take the Boat from Hollywood Studios, past all the resorts, to Epcot, The captain’s of the boats are normally REALLY fun, and it’s such a GREAT relaxing adventure for us. ONCE at Epcot we catch The American Experience, my boys said they thought it was one of the most interesting attractions in Epcot, (they are 13 and 10) and The American Experience beat out Soaring, Test Track, and (/sigh, it breaks my heart) even Figment for my two kids.
    My oldest even showed off his Disney skills in his history class from things he LEARNED from The American Experience.

I LOVE it because I am just a hop, skip, and a jump from Japan and SUSHI!!!

OH and it does tend to be Air Conditioned…….LOL

7. lynn cockrell says:

The People Mover is a great way to unwind for all ages. Often overlooked is the Carousel of Progress.

8. Shannon says:

Was so sad not to hear you mention the boat ride from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney. My husband and I loved the trip down the Sassagoula to Downtown Disney, the breeze off the water,and the back views of the Treetop Villas and golf course were wonderful. Glad you mentioned Living with the Land though, I really would have been screaming at my phone had you missed BOTH of these. :)

9. Sally (DEbeachgirl) says:

Hands down, Soarin is my favorite attraction overall, and to realx.There is nothing like rising up, having the clouds part and listening to the opening sounds of the Soarin soundtrack. Ahhh, pure Disney heaven! Also, a must do for me every trip is It’s a Small World. It was one of my mom’s favorite rides. It brought her joy, and now it does the same for me.

10. Lisa says:

You mentioned our favorite – the TTA. I would also say the boat rides from the hotels. I love the one from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney. Another favorite at Epcot are the boats that are in the “countries”. They are also such a nice break.

11. Lisa says:

Oh gosh! Almost forgot another favorite. How about Carousel of Progress?

12. Debbie says:

Good grief, what took so long for anyone to mention World Showcase? And the monorail? Both are my top picks for relaxing, people-watching, and, in WS, some serious snacking.

Great show and Ron was wonderful.

13. tmlinz says:

I found the Behind the Seeds Tour in the Land Pavilion very relaxing. Not often you can take an hour, learn a bunch, hang out as part of the attraction, and have a snack. Great tour, and nice and relaxing.

14. MarkerMouse says:

It may not be an attraction in the normal sence of the word, but it attracts me so it has to count. The rocking chair at Aunt Polly’s on Tom Sawyer Island.

Removed from “hub-bub” of the crowd in Frontierland, Paddle Wheeler passing by occasionally, sitting in the shade on the river’s edge… nothing more relaxing.

15. Donna Seagrave says:

I always enjoy your podcasts but I especially enjoyed this one because THIS is how we’ve always enjoyed Walt Disney World.

One of the things we have always enjoyed is not IN one the Parks; rather, we love visiting the various Disney resorts to enjoy their architecture, their individual styles and cultures, their food, etc.

Although, now that I think about it, we do the same thing in the various parks!

16. I have to go with the Grand Fiesta Tour. It may be a little more lively now then it was when it was El Rio del Tiempo but I still love to sit back, relax, and lose myself on it.

On a side note, when I heard Lou say he could hear the train whistle, the liberty bell, the wolf howl and see the MK fireworks from his house I think I felt my heart sink in my chest. Yours is a life truly blessed Lou!

17. JJ Harvill says:

My favorite attraction in WDW to relax has to be the TTA Peoplemover(so glad they added ‘Peoplemover’ back into the name!) Tomorrowland at night is my favorite land in MK, so riding the Peoplmover at night is one of my favorite things to do when I go to the World. Such a nice time to just sit back…relax, and enjoy your friends, family, and Tomorrowland as a whole.

18. Tony Ebers says:

you hit my #1 right off the bat. the TTA. I saw that the lights were on in space mountain once but i closed my eyes. I’m one who doesnt want to know how the magic is made, I like to lose myself in it.

19. FrankVC says:

Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress!

20. Bill says:

I think that the Disney Minature Golf course is an awesome place to unwind with the whole family after a day in the park. It’s hidden away nbetween the Swan & Dolphin, you can drive your own car or take Disney transportation and walk to the course. Maybe even stop for a nice meal at one of the Swan & Dolphin restaurants!

21. Tony says:

This might be a “Go With Me On This One” but I find a monorail ride to be very relaxing

22. Casey Jo says:

I have to say that my roommate and I always walk around Downtown Disney when we just want a relaxing evening and get an ice-cream cone at the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain.

23. Noah says: