/ Sunday, October 30th, 2011
Tags:

Top Ten Spooky Places in Walt Disney World

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #246 for the week of October 30, 2011.

There’s a chill in the air in Walt Disney World at this time of year, not because of the weather, but because it’s time for Halloween. And in the spirit of it being Not So Scary, we’re going to look around the resort, in the parks and closely at some attractions that have their creepy moments. So take your “loved ones” by the hand, as we look at our Ten Ten Spooky Places in Walt Disney World.

I’ll have a few announcements and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Question for YOU: What is YOUR favorite spooky place, attraction, show or moment in Walt Disney World?

Tags:

14 Responses to "Show # 246 – October 30, 2011"

1. Jim says:

Hooray for another Top Ten with Tim!

Have to say, though, by far the creepiest part of Tower of Terror is when the dropping is over, and you back up into the exit. If you are sitting on the outside of the car and you are in the right exit chute, when the lights come on, there is a dummy sitting on the piles of stuff that is just staring at you from inches away. For sheer shiver-up-your-spine creepiness, that’s at the top of my list.

2. Bjorn says:

It’s an obvious one – Haunted Mansion, BUT Tom Sawyer Island at night would be (very) scary too, if not the scariest. Imagine the grottos and the dark pathways at night. Who knows what one might meet?

3. Jeff Rollison says:

My wife finds the bat area in Animal Kingdom to be the creepist/spookyist place in the parks.

4. Dave says:

****RIDE SPOILER WARNING*****

I’m still listening, so I don’t know if they mention in it, but one of the spookiest I’d say is in Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom, and maybe not for the reason you think. Last time I was there was the first time I’d had the opportunity to ride it. The ride has it’s own scary aspects with the Dinosaurs themselves, combined with the rough ride. However, when you crash near the end and you’re in complete darkness and they say “Don’t anybody move…” (or something close to that). You sit there, it’s silent, except for the kids screaming, you’re waiting and waiting for the dinosaur to find you again, but you just keep sitting there… I stopped being “scared” of the dinosaur and suddenly find myself actually scared that the next car on the ride is going to read-end us at full speed it seems like we we’ve been there sooo long… and then it continues…

Those moments are just the definition of suspense on an artistic level.

Dave

5. Emily says:

I decided today that I’ve been listening far too to not have commented on the site yet so I’m starting today. I loved the “spooky places” so I was inspired. I’ve got to go with one that you all mentioned — the scene in Pirates where the wind is blowing and a storm is hovering overhead, the creepy abandoned beach, the skeleton, the anticipation of the fall. Ahh, wish I was there.

6. ChrisFL says:

The original Journey into Imagination….the scary literature scene with Figment trying to keep away from the monsters and keeping them locked away. That was very spooky to me, especially when I was a kid.

7. Emma G says:

LOVE this top ten!!! My favourite spooky pkace is outside Rock n Roller Coaster, where you can hear the screams from Tower of Terror…..

8. Lynniemp says:

I find many things in the Magic Kingdom to be “spooky” because the stories or historical aspects about them, but one phenomenon I find spooky and thrilling is riding Space Mountain [or the TTA through Space Mountain] when the LIGHTS ARE ON! Oooooooooooo!

9. TikiGoon says:

By far,I think one of the scarry animatronics is the woman in the movie theater ticket booth on Spaceship Earth. She always seems to be watching you. Her eyes are black as cole, almost inhuman. Your car passes by her and she just stares. Just when you think you have escaped her gaze she turns over her shoulder for one last glance. I had my son keep his eyes on her last time we road it together. He agrees, Super Creepy.

10. Varsenik says:

The opening of Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage is pretty spooky, when the fog rolls in and the witch curses Beast!

11. grimghost999 says:

The two that i thought of that you missed was DINOSAUR and, yes, The Si-Fi Diner over at DHS.

DINOSAUR obviously is more scary than “spooky” i guess you might say for the use of darkness and those almost life-like dino animatronics. The dino eating the pther one spookes me out everytime

I also say the Si-Fi Diner mos=tly because of the atmosphere and the film loop going through. The 50′s era horror movies are a bit creepy at times, and the dark sky in the stars also ties into the “spooky” theme

12. poohsplace says:

imagine this…..extra magic hours at mk over by thunder mountain rr when noone is there…..its dark and rather spooky if i do say so myself

13. brookie the disney nerd says:

imagine, (i do this every trip i ever go on to the magic kingdom) you get off the very last ride of big thunder mouton rail road. you get off the part is closed now and people are walking out. you the only ones left at the back of the park and as you walk out of the park ITS DESERTED! no human life is found till you get to main street it gives me the creeps! last time i did this we walked past pirates of the Caribbean. BOOM!! We all jump at the sound of the huge door closing shut for the night. It’s so creepy!!! WE CALL THAT CLOSING THE PARK! Its creepy and extremely fun :)

14. Tony says:

walking down Commisary Lane in Holly Wood Studios at night. It’s not very well lit. I always go through it at almost a run.