/ Sunday, January 22nd, 2012

Best Lounges in Walt Disney World

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #258 for the week of January 22, 2012.

This week, we’ll look at another Best of the Best in Walt Disney World, as we explore and share some locations in Walt Disney World that are (for the most part) just for adults. Recorded live in one of the ones on our list, we look at some of our favorite (and possibly overlooked) lounges in Walt Disney World.

I’ll have a few announcements including more information about our WDW Radio 5th Anniversary Celebration, our next title in our Disney Book Club series, Meet of the Month update and more, before I play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Question for YOU: What is your favorite lounge in Walt Disney World?

Purchase The Vault of Walt by Jim Korkis on Amazon.com

Book Cover

The Vault of Walt is also the latest selection in our WDW Radio Disney Book Club

Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

9 Responses to "Show # 258 – January 22, 2012"

1. Pat Chastain says:

So pleased you mentioned Crockett’s Tavern at Fort Wilderness as a great lounge. They have a model of the Gullywhumper keel boat there that was used for pre-production in Disney’s Crockett series. The signature drink there is called the Gullywhumper. It may not be on the menu, but every bartender there knows how to make it. You can even order one from the pickup window outside the tavern.

Be sure to rub the belly of the stuffed bear at the entrance. Everyone else does and he has a serious bald spot there now!

Great show.

Pat (aka Mike Fink)

2. Erika says:

Can’t wait to hear the show tomorrow while running errands!

Anyway, my favorite is Tambu Lounge, followed by Top of the World Lounge and the Belle Vue Room (sp?). I haven’t hit them all yet, so this little list may change in the future!

3. MCAMPE says:

I enjoy the quiet lounge at the Beach Club, I believe it is called Martha’s Vineyard. Usually pretty empty but comfortable even when filled. If you want some noise or something sweet the pool is right outside the door and Beach’s and Cream is right around the corner.

Great show…

Michael

4. TJ says:

Where was Beci on this segemnt? Isn’t she a self-proclaimed expert on the lounges?

5. DJY says:

Luv the show, this one had me drooling thinking about these places! One of our favs that no longer is accessible to everyone is at the Shades of Green, I’ll age myself a bit, during our honeymoon it was called the Sleepy Inn. Their pool side lounge was great, wonderful staff, decent food, sadly we can no longer visit it…

Really a great show!

D.J.

6. Brian says:

Gurgling Suitcase is my favorite hang-out in WDW. A nice evening out on the water, or just hanging in the bar. Very nice. People are all wonderful there.

Would love to see a list of the cocktails and lounges that were discussed.

7. Scott L says:

I will be on mission looking for those Monorail Drink Recipies. Being a big Monorail nut,
    I alway dream/wish for a Lounge in one of the Monorail Cars. TTC to Epcot and back. Hard day at MK heading back to EPCOT on a hot humid day .Get seating in the Monorail Lounge Car, cold ac and ice cold beers or martinis or it could serve those monorail drinks.

thanks great show again

8. Tracy-Lynn Mozley says:

It makes me happy that you mentioned the POG mix (Passion-Orange-Guava)at Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian. It is my husbands favorite juice and hard to find everywhere (including outside of Disney) so it makes our vacation when we can eat at O’hana and he can have his POG.

Great show as always. Found more new places I want to add to my Disney Bucket list.

9. Chuck Zitta says:

Sorry to say, we’ve never really had the opportunity to check out the lounges, being we’ve always had our boys with us. But now that they’re older, I’m hoping some day in the not so distant future, we’ll be able to take a trip to WDW as a couple. At which point, we will definitely have to personally explore some of the lounges. I do recall walking past the Tambu Lounge you mention on our last trip down. That looks like a place we would enjoy hanging out for a beverage or two. The piano bar in Rose and Crown looks like a jolly place to hang out if you’re in Epcot for the day or the Tune In lounge at HWS – love the retro feel. The gurgling suitcase sounds awesome! Would like to check out Crockett’s Tavern as well. Like the wine bar idea for Germany too. We spend a lot of time in that area of World Showcase. And a Bazooka Joe drink at Blue Zoo? Shut the front door! That bubble gum immediately takes me back to my childhood. Loved those little comic strips. So many options to choose from. Fun options. Gotta add ’em all to our WDW “to do ” list. Looking forward to that top ten drinks episode (if it hasn’t happened already?) :0)

Thanks again for another terrific show, Lou. Cheers!!!