/ Tuesday, January 10th, 2012

On the Trail of the Rocketeer – Recorded Live from Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #256 for the week of January 8, 2012.

This week’s we’re on the trail of the Rocketeer as we look at this character connection in Walt Disney World. Recorded live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Jim Korkis and I discuss not only the film, but tour the park as we search for props, details and stories that you may have never noticed that relate to the 1991 Disney film.

Stay tuned for some announcements before I play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show

Thanks for listening!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Question for YOU: Have you ever seen the Rocketeer? What are your thoughts on the film?

Purchase The Vault of Walt by Jim Korkis on Amazon.com

Book Cover

The Vault of Walt is also the latest selection in our WDW Radio Disney Book Club

Get the Rocketeer on Blu-Ray or DVD from Amazon.com

Book Cover Book Cover

RSS
Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

6 Responses to "Show # 256 – January 8, 2012"

1. Curtis Hart says:

LOVE the Rocketeer. Loved the comic when Dave Stevens did it back in ’82. Joe Johnston did a great job directing it.

I SO wished its popularity took off and could continue the adventures.

2. Kris Banas says:

I loved that movie!!! I had 2 sons who always loved to watch it!!

3. Arick says:

I LOVED this weeks episode. I love to hear Jim Korkis, and listening to you guys walk around Hollywood studious and investigate different areas is so much fun. It was also great to learn more about the Rocketeer, I was only 10 when the movie came out but I loved the movie and would have loved to seen more movies made.

4. Tony says:

I just listened to the Rocketeer episode. Great work guys! Someone tweeted a link to an old GM/Disney promo video and sure enough at around the 6:25 mark is the gyro-copter from the Rocketeer. Check it out!

5. Brian Fee says:

What a great show! I love the Rocketeer and have seen some of the things they have placed in the parks. This episode helped me confirm these references were really pointed to this movie. Thanks Lou, great show.

6. Debbie says:

I first heard about the Rocketeer from who else but Jim Korkis when he referenced it on another WDW Radio podcast. Checked it out and loved it. Now I’ll be looking for it in the parks. Thanks!