/ Monday, January 30th, 2012

Happy Monday, everyone!!  We are making preparations for the WDW Radio 5th Anniversary slide show (thanks for all the pictures you submitted!!!).  We want this to be as interactive and fun as possible, so we need your help:  what are your favorite Box People songs–those you want Lou to play during a show or that represent the “spirit” of The Box? Or, think about it this way: if you had to select a theme song for The Box, what would it be?  These do not have to be Disney songs (my vote is for “Sweet Caroline”), but they can be…..

We will try to incorporate your ideas into the slide show, which will debut during the February 11 anniversary celebration!

Thanks, dear friends!

15 Responses to "What’s Your Favorite…. Box People Song??"

1. Allaina says:

Hey Lou. There was a song that Leanne Rimes sings I think it’s called “Remember when”. It was used in a Disney promo video ( I think ). I think this would be fitting since it would be set to a montage of picture celebrating the good times you viewers/friends have had meeting you.
    Have fun with the project…..Can’t wait to see the finished product.
    Allaina Skibinski

2. Katie M says:

Thats easy! “We Are Family”!

But youre right, I love “Sweet Caroline” too – thats the song Deanna started singing when we were hitting the first mile of the 5k -helped me to relax and have fun.

Also, how can you NOT vote for Puttin On the Ritz!

3. Zac Brown says:

Is Puttin’ on the Ritz too cliche? That’s my vote!!

4. Lynda says:

Well Lou, I might be going for the obvious here, but I think it should be the eighties hit Living in a Box by Living in a Box.

5. Michelle Tate Young says:

Got to be Livin in a box by the UK group of the same name :-)

6. Sweet Caroline has been a recurring box song… though “Puttin on the Ritz” Frankenstein version MUST make a few appearances along with Blood on the Saddle.

7. Emma G says:

For me it has to be ‘You’ve Got a Friend In Me’ from Toy Story. That song always makes me smile and so do my WDW Radio friends :)

8. michelle Tate Young says:

Ooops didn’t see someone had chosen same song… how about Kelley Coffey We Go On… the incredibly moving song from Illuminations… the words are so magical.

9. Chuck A. says:

I will go classic with this one with Tiki Room.

10. Marisa says:

Well, if I were to give the box a Disney song, I feel like it would be ‘Go the Distance’ from Hercules. It is a song about preserverance, but his ultimate determination and kindness for his sole project. The Box is all about that! The dedication and determination of the Box People for the sole cause of a community and love of Disney is the definition of the Box. That’s what makes us Disney obsessed and driven to a sense of kindness.
    Although, if I had to pick a non-Disney song, I would choose either ‘Sweet Caroline’ or of course, ‘Puttin on the Ritz’. Or you know, I have a special feeling that in honor of all the podcasts, the Orange Bird Song should be put on the list. It’s Disney, but Lou’s love for the song is contagious. Lastly, ‘Obla di Obla da’ is a song that always makes me happy, just like listening to WDW Radio. Like the Beatles tell us, ‘life goes on’ but we will never forget the friends we make through the podcast nor the fun times shared. I thank you for everything and may life go on many years and with that more WDW Radio!

Oh and- Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A little informal, but with ‘Puttin on the Ritz’ it seemed fitting.

11. ned hebert says:

“Our House”(in the middle of our street) more like “OUR BOX” don’t cha think?!! ;)

12. ned hebert says:

“your just another part of me” by michael jackson/capt. E O

13. Morgan Allen says:

So obviously Puttin’ on the Ritz is a must! But I was also thinking that the old Playhouse Disney show Out of the Box’s theme song went pretty well! That’s just my opinion :) CAN’T WAIT!

14. J Moody says:

Out Of The Box <Disney theme song =)

15. Nathan (milehighdisney) says:

Way out of the box, We all live in a yellow submarine by the Beatles