/ Monday, March 5th, 2012

Special Events for Kids in Walt Disney World

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #264 for the week of March 4, 2012.

Beyond the attractions in Walt Disney World, there are so many wonderful, overlooked opportunities, experiences and events – not just for adults, but for kids as well. This week, we’re going to look at some special events just for kids (and families) both in and out of the Walt Disney World theme parks.

I’ll have more information about upcoming events including the WDW Radio Day at the Ballpark, as well as a few other announcements before playing more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Question for YOU: What special events for kids have you and your family tried? Which did you enjoy most? What are you looking forward to experiencing in the future?

Video from my Pirates League experience in September, 2009. Call 407-WDW-CREW for more information or to book

Visit Chuck Lionberger at DisneyDaddy.Blogspot.com

19 Responses to "Show # 264 – March 4, 2012"

1. [..YouTube..] so cute! the kids were so little!

2. McCracken257 says:

so cute! the kids were so little!

3. [..YouTube..] aaw!!! cutee!! :3 I want to be a pirate now!! :D I’m going on July because I’ll be a cast member!! :D

4. adrisdarky says:

5. [..YouTube..] @McCracken257 And I was much thinner (and taller) ;)

6. [..YouTube..] And I was much thinner (and taller) ;)

7. And I was much thinner (and taller) ;)

8. Awesome ideas! Never knew about the Pirates of the Carribean family pirate garb makeover! Sounds awesome and something we will definitely take park in during our next visit!

9. [..YouTube..] arrrrrrrrrrr

10. CutesyBubblez says:

arrrrrrrrrrr

11. We will be coming down March 23 and again the first week of June. My 5 year old son is booked for the Pirate Adventure on our June trip. He talks about it every day. Even wanted to watch the Pirates of the Caribbean w/J. Depp this weekend due to this.

Probably will swing by Animal Kindgom Villas to see the animals on the savannah at night too! Great tips! Just found your website and podcasts in late February. Haven’t been able to stop listening and watching. Suggested to my wife and family. Now they listen too!

Thanks Lou!

Maybe I can go on a cruise at some point. Not sure this one is possible though. I smiled and laughed at the recap show from your last cruise. Sounded like so much fun!

12. On our last visit, my son insisted on getting a haircut at the barbershop. He loved it, and he was 8 yrs old. My younger daughter ended up getting a haircut too. Cutting 10 inches off of her head. She enjoyed it and donated her pony tail to locks of love.

We’ve also done the Family Magic Tour. We loved it! Since my kids were on the older side, they got to help by reading the clues, and making sure the group stayed together. Again, they loved it!

And finally, Lou, I loved you ideas in re-purposing Discovery Island. As a child I wanted to go there so bad, and by the time we had the opportunity, they closed it. It breaks my heart to see it sitting there not used, and for a log time in such disrepair. I say submit the idea!

13. [..YouTube..] I am a current Pirate Master in The Pirates League. The price points are all incorrect. This footage is out dated. Several of the pirate masters in this footage are no longer sailing with the Captain.

14. JasonLeeBlank says:

15. [..YouTube..] Current Information can be found at:

UP TO DATE INFO:
    disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/pirates-league/

16. JasonLeeBlank says:

Current Information can be found at:

UP TO DATE INFO:
    disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/pirates-league/

17. [..YouTube..] PLEASE NOTE: The Captain’s package was discontinued in January 2010, and First Mate/Empresses are now different prices.

18. brennailya says:

19. So cool will try to do next time I go.