Virtual Tour of Hollywood and Sunset and a Trivia Contest!

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #265 for the week of March 11, 2012.

Join us this week as we travel back to the “The Hollywood That Never Was” in our virtual journey down the streets of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards recorded live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Jim Korkis and I will transport you back to the Golden Age of Hollywood in the 1930’s and 40’s as we explore the different stories, history, landmarks, tributes and the many more incredible and wonderful details that you may have missed.

I’ll also bring back an old segment for a chance for you to play and win, and share more about what’s coming up int he future before playing more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Question for YOU: What is your favorite part of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards in Disney’s Hollywood Studios?

Answer the Trivia Question of the Week for a chance to win a prize package that includes:

Book Cover

The Vault of Walt is a recent selection in our WDW Radio Disney Book Club

Purchase The Vault of Walt by Jim Korkis on Amazon.com

Join us and Richard M. Sherman on the WDW Radio Cruise on the Disney Dream!!

RSS
Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

14 Responses to "Show # 265 – March 11, 2012"

1. K.Locke says:

Sherman Brothers wrote 3 theme park songs for a single attraction.

The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is the attraction.
    Wonderful things about Tiggers
    Winnie the Pooh
    The rain rain rain came down down down
    are teh songs

2. Tonya says:

You also forgot Heffalumps and Woozles- they wrote that too.

3. Tonya says:

So it is 4 songs for The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh:
    (in the order they are played while on the ride)
    Winnie The Pooh
    The Wonderful Thing about Tiggers
    Heffalumps and Woozles
    and The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down

4. Melissa McCarty says:

Besides the 4 songs in the Winnie the Pooh ride, the Sherman brothers also wrote many more theme which are in all of Disney World the following:
    Its A Small World-Magic Kingdom
    Its A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow-Magic Kingdom
    Tikitiki Room-Magic Kingdom
    One Little Spark-Figment
    Making Memories-Epcot
    ChimChimeny with Mary Poppins-Great Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios.

5. Nicolle Laframboise says:

The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh Attraction in Fantasyland-Magic Kingdom: “Winnie The Pooh”, “The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers”, and “The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down”.

6. Disafterdark says:

I love this type of episode, Coming from the UK, we come over to Orlando for 2-3 weeks at a time, maybe once every 3-4 years if we are lucky, and with kids, looking at tiny details is not high on the list of priorities.

It always fascinates me the level of attention to detail the imagineers give that separate Disney parks from every other amusement/theme park around the world
    Keep up the great work Lou.

7. Frank Induisi says:

The answer to the trivia question in The Many adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Another great episode lou!!! Keep it up!

8. Carl Friedrichs (aka Carl Fredricksen) says:

I loved the episode, but I **DO NOT** think the correct answer is “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh”. Lou’s exact question was “For what WDW attraction or pavilion did the brothers create three ORIGINAL songs?”

It seems to me that the Sherman Brothers songs in the Pooh attraction weren’t ORIGINAL to that WDW attraction because the score to the film “The Many Adventures of Willie the Pooh” was released in 1977 and included versions of the songs. The Winnie the Pooh WDW attraction, however, wasn’t opened until 2003.

I think the CORRECT answer is the “Journey Into Imagination” pavilion. The ORIGINAL SONGS WRITTEN SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS PAVILION by the Sherman Brothers are: “One Little Spark”, “Magic Journeys” and “Makin’ Memories”.

Keep up the tricky questions Lou!!

9. joey H says:

agreed Carl Fredricksen! Great work!

10. JamesD says:

I thought you were supposed to email the answers to Lou??

11. Carl Fredricksen says:

Agreed! I only posted my answer here after Lou’s Sunday midnight deadline.

12. cindymouse6 says:

I absolutely love when you do such detailed history of a park. Please continue! We are going to homeschool our kids beginning this summer and what a great time we’ll have combining U.S. history and actual artifacts in the park! More! More!

13. Catherine says:

It’s the imagination pavilion. They wrote magic journeys …makin memories ….and of course…..one little spark! All 3 make me feel like a kid again! :)

14. Marc Teklinski says:

I may be wrong, but I always thought Mizner’s Lounge at the Grand Floridian was named after Addison Mizner, a famous Florida architect and designer. Not someone affiliated with the Brown Derby as referenced by Lou and Jim in this episode?

The episodes with Jim are my favorite as well.