Listener Email – Dining, Disney Cruises, Taking Infants, Best Buffet and more!

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #266 for the week of March 18, 2012.

To help you plan for, and hopefully appreciate all of the stories, details and opportunities available on your next Walt Disney World vacation, I’m going to open up the inbox again this week and answer more of your emails. Topics include: An extinct themed restaurant in the parks, getting ready for a Disney Cruise, eating vegan in Disney, on-ride photos, rides for an infant, free resort campfire and movie nights, taking a toddler on a Disney Cruise and much more. We’ll also discuss our thoughts on the Best Buffet in Walt Disney World and ask you to share yours as well.

I’ll have the answer and winner for last week’s Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week, and pose a new one for your chance to win a Disney prize package.

I’ll have a few announcements and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Question for YOU: What is your favorite buffet in Walt Disney World?

Send your Trivia Question of the Week answers to Contest@WDWRadio.com

Video Tour of Storybook Circus in Walt Disney World

RSS
Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

20 Responses to "Show # 266 – March 18, 2012"

1. Dave says:

I don’t feel too qualified to judge the buffet as a whole, but when I was down there last December, we had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, and I can’t remember the exact name of the item, but there is a lobster and egg (I think it was egg at least, but definitely the lobster) offering that was out of this world. I wish I had realized exactly how awesome it would be because by the time I was done, I was stuffed and the thought passed through my mind of going back and eating every single one I could get my hands on. The other stuff was fairly standard, but that, THAT made the price of the breakfast worthwhile.

2. Donna says:

At the Boma breakfast buffet they have grilled/smoked tomatoes and asparagus that are out of this world!!! I know that doesn’t sound that spectacular but they are fabulous. I asked how they are prepared and have since forgotten, but it was definitely a 3 or 4 step process. Between that and the banana bread pudding with vanilla sauce it was heaven!

3. Nicole Jolley says:

To add to the the question about taking a little one with you. We have done it a few times and we have had a great time just be ready to go a little slower then normal. Also if you want a night out try kids Night out. We have used them four times and there great. Have a good time…

4. Leah says:

Boma dinner buffet all the way! Some favorite dishes include the avocado, grapefruit and papaya salad, coconut curry seafood stew, sweet corn and spinach pudding, and everything on the dessert buffet. I’ve never been disappointed there and I’m a repeat customer!

5. Lorraine says:

When we ate at Boma everyone was pleased. That was a 64, 37, 10 and 7 year old agreeing! That in itself should say something! Now 3 years later, coming to WDW in a few weeks and Boma is our first dinner. Nuff Said?

6. Terry says:

My favorite buffet at Walt Disney World is Biergarten in Epcot’s Germany Pavilion. The wide variety of meats and sausages as well as red cabbage, spaetzel, warm german potato salad, and the bavarian cheesecake, apple strudel, and currently in season Pear Cake make it a must do several times a year!

7. TJ says:

You can sleep 5 in a 1BR at Beach Club Villas. We did this last year, and registered all of the guests. You will however need to bring an air mattress along for one of the kids (Disney will provide you sheets for it).

8. Jon says:

For the couple from Australia planning on going on the 2012 cruise, we found the Passporter Guide to the Disney Cruise Line probably the best planning guide out there.

9. Glenn from Alabama says:

Is the buffet question the trivia question?? If so, how is that trivia? I mean, it IS trivial, but it is also subjective and not “factual.” Just curious.

10. Pooh for President says:

We love 1900 Park Fare for dinner.
    Not only do we get Cindy, Prince Charming, and family, but the buffet is watched by CM’s, so no little fingers grab directly from the serving dish.

We love to eat at 1900 park Fare for dinner the tomato florentine soup,hand carved roasted prime rib of beef, key lime tarts, and the linzer torte.

11. Lou Mongello says:

No, the trivia question is in the show after the Email segment. Take a listen and good luck (it’s an easy question)! :)

12. Kendall F says:

Lou, Becki and all other commenters, thank you for all of the buffet suggestions. There have been a couple I did not think of…Trail’s End, Tusker House, and 1900 Park Fare for dinner. I can’t wait to go and enjoy a lot of food again. However, I realized that I face a dilemma because in the fall, it is hard to eat anywhere other than the Food & Wine Festival.

13. Randy Crane says:

Speaking strictly of the food, I love the seafood buffet at Cape May Cafe. Generally, seafood is expensive, so I tend to not try very many new/different items because I don’t want to waste the money if I don’t like it. At Cape May I can try a ton of different options, and then go back to the ones I really like!

14. Stacey Clinton says:

We love Crystal Palace. Food and characters dining is wonderful. We go at night and watch the castle change colors.

15. Elaine says:

Without a doubt, Boma for breakfast AND dinner! I can’t pick any one outstanding thing…..it’s the amazing choice that makes it the best!
    (in all fairness, I’ve never eaten the buffet at Tuskar House…..it used to be out favorite Animal Kingdom restaurant and now I imagine it’s even better than ever!)

16. Tracy-Lynn Mozley says:

My most favorite is Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom… my favorite food is Mac & Cheese and it is unbelievable! It isn’t quite a buffet, but a family style, all you can eat. Great meat selection and reminds me of a fabulous thanksgiving dinner. I’m drooling just thinking about it!

17. Sheila says:

that’s how I feel about O’hanas> not really a buffet, but an all you can eat. Best of both worlds. Someone serves you great food and as much as you want.

18. Leah says:

Hi all, Wanted to add my votes for the best buffets at WDW. While we really love the excitement of Chef Mickeys and the hearty, yummy options for both breakfast and dinner at Trails End, I’d have to agree that Boma is the winner (also both for breakfast and dinner)! I would like to add an honorable mention for Captain’s Grille at Yacht Club resort. We had a GREAT breakfast buffet there a few years ago for just $16 per adult. It was quite and the service was great. More upscale breakfast options as well as all the tradition breakfast items. I’d really love to go back.

Lastly, can we count O’hana dinner as a buffet? Its like a buffet because you get several different items to taste, but its better because they bring it right too your table! You don’t even have to get up! ;-)

19. Laurel says:

I so agree in bringing young toddlers to WDW! We took our oldest when she was 19mos. And she still has many Deja-vu type memories. We enhanced these memories with many pictures and videos. It has only made future visits for her so much more enjoyable. The stories that were created also make wonderful conversation starters with our now teenager.

20. DJY says:

Second shout out for the Biergarten in Epcot’s Germany Pavilion! Our oldest daughter is a veg-head, we informed our server who promptly went to the kitchen and had the head chef come out and he gave her a personal tour of the buffet. Along with bringing out a veggie gravy and two other “main” course veggie dishes, just for her! The atmosphere can’t be beat and oooohhh those pretzel style buns, can’t get enough of them!!