Topics this week include:

- Avatar (Avatarland) at Walt Disney World
- Marvel characters and merchandise at the Disney Parks
- Alice Davis gets a Window on Main Street
- Disney Fantasy preview cruise and LIVE broadcasts

—————————-

Thanks to our sponsor, TouringPlans.com/WDWRadio

Join us every Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com for a LIVE interactive news show covering Walt Disney World. Be a part of the broadcast and discuss the news real-time in the chat room.

Thanks for watching! Be sure to tune in next week!

- Lou Mongello

17 Responses to "WDW NewsCast – March 21, 2012 – Avatar, Marvel, Alice Davis and the Disney Fantasy"

1. [..YouTube..] Whats the deal with Marvel, and how does that affect Universal and Islands of Adventures?

2. [..YouTube..] Whats the deal with Marvel, and how does that affect Universal and Islands of Adventures?

3. MrGoldrush81 says:

4. [..YouTube..] You’ll be seeing Marvel at every other Disney park except for WDW and the Disney Parks in Japan and here’s why. I know Universal has a ten year contract for the Spiderman attraction at Universal Studios in Japan and I believe Universal has an open ended exclusivity contract for all of the Marvel properties for the eastern part of the US (east of the Mississippi River).

5. woodencoasterfan says:

6. [..YouTube..] @MrGoldrush81 It shouldn’t affect IOA as I do believe Universal has a open ended exclusivity contract for all Marvel’s properties in the eastern US (east of the Mississippi River). If all that is infact true, then you won’t be seeing any Marvel attractions at any of the WDW parks.

7. woodencoasterfan says:

8. [..YouTube..] I will be waiting on you tomorrow…..I can’t wait!!! You guys are so lucky….. :)

9. Tinkerchelli says:

I will be waiting on you tomorrow…..I can’t wait!!! You guys are so lucky….. :)

10. [..YouTube..] Oh Lou! Oh Lou!

11. jdowney429 says:

Oh Lou! Oh Lou!

12. I’m not happy with this Avatar thing going through. I see no point in it really.

Marvel coming into the park is gong to be something great. One of the things that my husband has been excited about (and he doesn’t get excited about Disney stuff) since we heard that Marvel had been bought by Disney. I think it will open up a door for a new group of people to enjoy Disney and the parks.

13. I would really like to see Marvel characters in WDW. The only park that would fit is the Studios though, I don’t see them at the other parks. Though I really don’t think we’ll see it until the Disney lawyers figure out a way to terminate the license agreement with Universal. Wonder how much Disney gets from the a park ticket for the licensing rights?

14. [..YouTube..] Great news Cast. Have a great time on the Disney Fantasy.

15. [..YouTube..] Great news Cast. Have a great time on the Disney Fantasy.

16. David Wido says:

Great news Cast. Have a great time on the Disney Fantasy.

17. Michael Smart says:

Hello Lou

I have noticed Marvel items on Disney store.com When I was at Disney World in early December I did see the Marvel Monorail couple days after I proposed to my girlfriend (she said yes) and the theme does look good. BUT I dont like the idea of Marvel characters roaming the parks. Dont get me wrong I grew up with Marvel and DC heroes but Disney has always has a special place in my heart with his storytelling for the younger ones or the young at heart. Thnx for the news

Mike