/ Thursday, April 5th, 2012

Topics this week include:

– PhotoPass+
– Avengers Monorail (The “Avengerail”)

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Do you like the Avengerail and the idea of monorail wraps? Is it any different than if DIsney was to wrap the resort buses? What do you think Walt would think of the monorail wraps?

Leave your reply in the comments section below
—————————-

Join us every Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com for a LIVE interactive news show covering Walt Disney World. Be a part of the broadcast and discussion and discuss the news real-time in the chat room.

Thanks to our sponsor, ouringPlans.com

Thanks for watching! Be sure to tune in next week!

26 Responses to "WDW NewsCast – April 4, 2012 – PhotoPass+, the Avengers Monorail and a question for you"

1. Darienbeagle says:

[..YouTube..] Avengers monorail looks cool!

2. Darienbeagle says:

[..YouTube..] Avengers monorail looks cool!

3. Darienbeagle says:

Avengers monorail looks cool!

4. Darienbeagle says:

[..YouTube..] Big announcements?

5. Darienbeagle says:

Big announcements?

6. Chris says:

I love the Avengers monorail. I hope that it’s still running when we go down there in June.

Considering Walt’s love of cross-promoting his products, I think he would have given this the ‘ok’

7. Apollo says:

I’m actually more for the wrapping of the buses then the monorails. Although Epcot Center has a history with advertising, I think it really takes me out of the emerson of, and back into the real world seeing a big advertisement glide by.

8. [..YouTube..] I always take advantage of the photopass card. Often I’ll visit characters by myself and want a decent picture. However, I almost never buy the pictures. I just view and copy them online. And it’s also very easy to ask random people to take a picture for you. Most people are happy to help. As for the monorail, I liked Tronorail because it looked like a motorcycle going down the track. The avengers is just an ad doesn’t belong there. It’d be better on the bus, or get this, an actual billboard.

9. CutesyBubblez says:

10. DAR35 says:

As a comic and Disney geek I think the monorail looks really cool. I like it. Now that being said I want Disney to only use this for a big event be it a movie like Avengers or something huge happening at the parks. I don’t want the latest Snow Buddies movie to be advertised on the monorail

11. Bebba37 says:

[..YouTube..] I think it’s expensive…$200? And only for 14 days? IDK maybe it’ll work for those who don’t want to carry a camera….lol

12. Bebba37 says:

13. Thomas Roughley says:

Love the new changes, 2 years ago loved the Tron Legacy Monorail, was very happy to see it when travelling to Epcot.

14. Ken Roberts says:

I’m 60 years old, born and raised in Southern California, and Walt has always been my hero!

That said, I don’t believe Walt would have purchased Marvel in the first place . . . BUT,
    to answer your question, I DO like the concept of one Monorail being “special” in some way.

Thanks for asking Lou; keep up your great work.

15. Rich T. says:

I don’t like using the Monorail as a billboard. It’s tacky, it ruins the futuristic look of the trains, and it makes me want to never see the film. Bad, obnoxious overkill, and not just because it’s Marvel; the Monorails simply deserve more respect than this.

16. Jennifer W says:

Love the monorail!

REally love the photopass thing. I always preorder a CD for trips so I can be sure to be in some pictures and get some higher-quality pictures. (We then stop at almost every photopass photographer! lol). I love the ride and restaurant photos being in the plus package! I’m finding out if I can upgrade my CD for my trip coming up!

17. Jen Tremley says:

Really love the Photopass + idea. You figure you pay about $15.00-$20 bucks per ride photo so if you can get all of those included on your Photopass CD, its an awesome idea!!!!!! As far as the monorail, I don’t hate the wraps, but I don’t really like them either. I see why they are doing it and its kind of neat, but I love the original monorail look with the different colored stripes, etc.

18. kenlocke1 says:

Avengers monorail looks awesome. I really like the black versus the white. Traditionalist will not ever be satified with any changes. I like the tron-o-rail too.

I would like to see Disney paint all the monorails in solid colors like red, blue, green, yellow, etc. and then put one of the Fab 5 on each train. Call them the Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, etc. They could include different icons for the holiday seasons and such.

Just me though

19. [..YouTube..] Nothing against the Avengers, but..you said it the Monorail is iconic, in general, I prefer the classic look.

20. RepublicofMAC says:

21. Teri says:

As I got to be an extra in “Avengers”, I am extremely excited about everything related to the film, especially any Disney tie-ins. I only hope the monorail wrap is still on when I visit in October!

22. dizkidzmom says:

[..YouTube..] I buy the Photopass CD for several reasons:1 The photos are usually really good quality, you do get some that are blurred, but maybe one or two out of a hundred photos. 2.You get your entire group in the picture. 3.The Magical Add-ons like Tinkerbell sitting in your hands.4.The editing you can do once you get home with borders, sayings, etc. I have always received a few stock photos from Disney on these. Will the orig Photopass still be available for the $100 pre purchase price? Thanks for info

23. dizkidzmom says:

24. [..YouTube..] What Days will you be there in June and May?

25. survivorgurl94 says:

What Days will you be there in June and May?

26. KKMMFAN1 says:

I THINK IS COOL BUT ALSO I THINK THAT WALT WOULD CONSIDER THAT IS SUPER COOL TOO