Extinct Opening Day Attractions We Wish Were Still at Walt Disney World and WDW Trivia Contest
Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #280 for the week of June 24, 2012.
We’re going to turn back the clock this week and visit Walt Disney World on opening day, October 1, 1971. With a recent, renewed sense of nostalgia in the Disney Parks and among Disney enthusiasts, we’re going to look at the Extinct Attractions We Wish Were Still in Walt Disney World. From some of your favorites to a few you may not remember, we’ll discuss some lost attractions, shows, shops, restaurants and entertainment on this Wayback Machine segment.
I’ll then have the answer and winner for last week’s Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week, and pose a new question for your chance to win a Disney prize package!
Be sure and stay for the announcements, including information about the next WDW Radio Meet of the Month in Walt Disney World, as well as some of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.
Information and Links from This Week’s Show:
Question for YOU: What extinct, opening day Walt Disney World attraction do you miss most? Leave your answer in the comments section below
Ryan Wilson’s Main Street Gazette
- Listen to this week’s episode for the Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week for a chance to win a Disney prize package!
- Private Tours of Walt Disney World with Lou Mongello
- Disney Meets and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World – Get dates and locations on our Events page
- Watch & chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com
- WDW Radio on YouTube – Watch past episodes, subscribe to the show and comment on the WDWRadio YouTube Channel
- Get Celebrations Magazine on your iPad/iPhone in iTunes App Store