Best Snacks in Epcot and Disney Trivia Contest

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, author of the Walt Disney World Trivia Books and Audio Tours of WDW, and this is show #285 for the week of July 29, 2012.

At Walt Disney World dining is equally as important, and just as much fun, as the attractions and shows. It’s also something that affords you and your family wonderful opportunities to sample, share, learn from and enjoy flavors from literally around the world. And not every dining opportunity has to be enjoyed during breakfast, lunch or dinner. So this week, we’re going to look at the some of the “Best of the Best” as we explore the Best Snacks in Epcot. AJ from the Disney Food Blog joins me as we discuss the options, strategies, pairings, values, flavors and more in a segment that will not only introduce you to some snack options you may not have considered before, but will almost surely leave you hungry as well.

I’ll then have the answer and winner for last week’s Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week, and pose a new question for your chance to win a Disney prize package!

Be sure and stay for the announcements, including information about upcoming WDW Radio events, as well as some of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.\

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Question for YOU: What is your favorite snack in Epcot? Leave your answer in the comments section below

Get the Latest Disney Updates Delivered to You Each Week!

24 Responses to "Show # 285 – July 29, 2012"

1. Corey Townsend says:

Dole Whip!

2. Chloe F. says:

One of our favorite stops in the World Showcase is the Patisserie in France. Cheese plate & fresh baguette = yummy!! Not to mentioned all of the fantastic desserts…

We also love getting Pocky (chocolate/strawberry dipped biscuit sticks) in Mitsukoshi, Japan. Granted we can now buy these at our local Target, they just feel more special while wandering around the pavilion complete with the Koi pond and Bonsai trees :)

3. David Nicely says:

Anythung from the Boulangerie Patessirie!

4. Sheila says:

In Epcot I would say, Scholl bread. I’m drawing a blank on where we got it? Of course the margeritas (Is that how you spell it? and are they a snack?) in Mexico are great.

5. Jeff Cap says:

A fresh ice cold PICKLE!!!

On our last visit in July we were showing friends around and while taking a monorail ride over to Epcot I ran in with my youngests son just to purchase 8 pickles, one for each of us to have.

6. Paul in CT says:

My favorite snack at Epcot is the Napoleon at the Patisserie. :)

7. Kim says:

Soft pretzels from wherever you can find them, Funnel cakes w/ powdered sugar from American Adventure, and Kaka Gori from Japan.

Kim-krnwdw in the box

8. Eve says:

The Nutella Waffle is delicious– not entirely bad for you either. The price, relatively speaking this is WDW after all, is not terrible. Something like, $5.99. It’s filling, but not overly and it’s definitely easy to share. The location is pretty great too– right at the foot of the castle.

9. Eve says:

Oh I replied for MK originally. Epcot– I snack on Orange Grand Marnier Slushies. I swear I’m not intoxicated right now.

10. wdwlarkey22 says:

Beverly… jk

I like the guacamole dip + chips at La Hacienda in MEXICO.

11. WVParkfan says:

A bag of popcorn, a cold Molson, and Off Kilter performing on stage.

12. Kerry says:

My family love Cadbury Wunderbar from Canada pavilion :-) we can’t get them in the UK so is a real treat!

13. Melissa says:

I love splitting the fish and chips at the cart outside of the pub in london! Best fish and chips anywhere!

14. Ana Kurland says:

The popsicles that break in 2 in Japan. They’re yummy and cheap!

15. CriesDuringWishes says:

I really enjoyed AJ and I really love how enthusiastic you both were about this topic (no surprise). It was striking to hear the passion in your voices during your conversation. And I’m drooling! Please have AJ back to cover more food topics this year!

16. Rich H says:

Popcorn in Canada. And the oh so popular brat from sfest!!!!!

17. Stephen Conti says:

So many yummy choices, but my favorite is the pretzel from the beer stand in Germany. Soft and buttery. So delicious with an ice cold beer.

18. Shelley says:

Cheese stuffed Pretzel. Too Die for!

19. Loved the podcast and got many ideas for items to try on my solo trip in November! Right now, I have to go with a pastry from France. I’m expecting to have a new favorite after my next trip based on recommendations from the podcast!

Thanks Lou and AJ!

20. James D. says:

For really hot days, Kaki Gori to cool off.

For any day, the Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookie from Karamel Kuche.

For the record, I think that Lou’s inability to pronounce “Kuche” might be a NJ thing. I can’t make the proper sound either (much to the annoyance of my wife, who speaks German).

21. Brian says:

I always get a sweet pretzel at Norway at least once per trip.

22. Mike Webster says:

Gotta love those turkey legs!!

23. Rachael Webster says:

Do Frozen Pina-Colada’s count???
    Yummmm….

24. Kendall F says:

The Vegetable & Goat Cheese Torte at Kringla Bakeri at Norway. Amazing!