/ Monday, July 16th, 2012

Using Technology To Share & Enhance Your Walt Disney World Vacation – Disney Apps, Resources & Tips

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, author of the Walt Disney World Trivia Books and Audio Tours of WDW, and this is show #283 for the week of July 15, 2012.

Over the past many years, our Walt Disney World experiences have changed, not just because of the additions and enhancements in the parks and resorts, but because of how we experience Disney before, during and after our trips. Technology has afforded us the opportunity to not only enhance our individual experiences, but share them – often instantaneously – with others. So this week, we’re going to look at Using Technology During Your Walt Disney World Vacation. We’ll discuss the ways, apps, (including Disney apps) resources, and tips for using the technology, how sharing our days in the parks has changed it for us, and those that we share them with. It’s an interesting look into the “new social” part of Walt Disney World, including photos, videos, audio, social networks and more.

I’ll then have the answer and winner for last week’s Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week, and pose a new question for your chance to win a Disney prize package!

Be sure and stay for the announcements, including information about the next WDW Radio Meet of the Month in Walt Disney World, our upcoming WDW Radio Cruise on the Disney Dream, the E-Ticket Event to kick off Epcot’s 30th Anniversary, as well as some of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Questions for YOU: What technology/apps do YOU use in the Disney parks? Is it for yourself or to share with others? Do you prefer Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, video or another platform? Leave your answer in the comments section below

For more videos, subscribe to our WDW Radio channel on YouTube or the show in iTunes

RSS
Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

10 Responses to "Show # 283 – July 15, 2012"

1. Paul C says:

Disney’s missing out on making some $$ from international travellers. Using a smart phone in the US is cost prohibative for me as a Canadian. Perhaps a length of stay smart phone or memory card would be beneficial for some guests.

2. David N. says:

We use Disney Dining App so we can review menu’s at counter service, snack and table servie locations. We also use Disney Maps which details character spots.

3. Diana says:

175 miles to mow!

4. Jared says:

I love technology but I also understand the point that something’s can be missed by always looking thru a lense.

5. Tim says:

When I’m in the Disney Parks I use Facebook and Ustream to share the magic with others. I also use Disney’s Mobile Magic app to check fastpass and ride times.

-Tim/disneyfan506

6. Tiffany says:

I have been using Twitter to Follow DCA while at DCA and have enjoyed that they will tweet back questions concerns or even a hello.DD and I even won Sundaes just for following and finding them!
    I also have used hidden mickey aps and things to do in line.
    While at Disney world I used many apps from dinning to keep track of our reservations, I also used a gift card app to keep track of gift cards for Disney received for Christmas. And most importantly I used it for maps of the parks being I have not been there before.
    And finally I use apps for checking length of lines.

7. Nicole says:

I’m a fan of you both! Excellent information here. I will have to check out that instagram app. =P

8. Rich T says:

The best use of technology in the parks is to locate the rest of your party — Who else here is old enough to have grown up with the classic “Meet at the hub” separation rule? :)

I’ve been guilty of nearly walking into people because I was texting instead of looking where I was going. On my upcoming trip, I’m resolving to relax, use the iPhone solely as a camera, and just enjoy the experience of being in the parks.

That said, from the spectator side, I love finding out instantly about new things at the parks via other fans. We’ve come a long way from the days of waiting for the latest issue of Disney News!

9. Marcel Troost says:

As an international guest ( I am from the Netherlands) I am never able to use my cell during my stay at the Parks and I would really like to shout it out that I am there via Facebook, Twitter or Foursquare. Wi-fi availability in the Parks would help or another solution for international guests. I am willing to pay for it.

10. Scott says:

I guess I’m just too old school, but the reason I have always loved WDW is because they allowed you to escape the outside world. All of this technology just brings the outside world in, thereby spoiling some of the magic.

No electronic devices enter the park with me.