Christmas in July – It’s a Wonderful Shop, Stories of Walt and Christmas, Trivia Contest and more!

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, author of the Walt Disney World Trivia Books and Audio Tours of WDW, and this is show #284 for the week of July 22, 2012.

As we celebrate Christmas in July on the WDW Radio blog this month, on this week’s show, we’re going to go live into the parks and seek out a little bit of Christmas now. We’ll stop in to It’s a Wonderful Shop at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for a DSI: Disney Scene Investigation with Jim Korkis. We’ll look at some of the details inside and out, and then share stories of Walt Disney and Christmas, and how one Christmas changed his life (and ours) forever. Think you know what it may be?

I’ll then have the answer and winner for last week’s Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week, and pose a new question for your chance to win a Disney prize package!

Be sure and stay for the announcements, including information about upcoming WDW Radio events, as well as some of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Question for YOU: What is your favorite Christmas reference, moment or memory in Walt Disney World? Leave your answer in the comments section below

Book Cover

Purchase The Vault of Walt by Jim Korkis on Amazon.com

For more videos, subscribe to our WDW Radio channel on YouTube or the show in iTunes

RSS
Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

13 Responses to "Show # 284 – July 22, 2012"

1. Kim says:

Carnival glass?

2. Hmmm… I think my favorite Christmas moment is when the light Christmas music starts to play at the beginning of the last act in Carousel of Progress.

3. Vickie says:

Is there somewhere I can see the spelling of the July 24th trivia questions.
    Chick a pin hill
    no idea how to spell #2
    ane what were you saying in #3??

Thnaks
    Vickie

4. Jeff Smith says:

June 21st, or 621, is the Summer solstice. Could this be the significance behind that address?

5. Kim says:

I have no idea what he is saying for #3 either.

6. Sarah says:

I agree, I couldnt make out the 2nd and 3rd trivia question items either.

7. Kory Adams says:

I know the first 2 trivia questions, but how do you spell the last clue and what are you saying?!

Thanks!

8. Luke says:

Since 2006, my wife and I have always travelled to WDW during the Christmas period as it’s our favourite time of year to be there. Our favourite thing to do during this time is to watch the Christmas Parade during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.

There’s nothing better than getting some nice Hot Chocolate and a cookie and sitting down around the Walt Disney and Mickey statue facing Cinderella’s Castle to watch the Parade go by. The smells (especially of Goofy’s Lollie Store Float) and the sounds and music as the Parade goes past is fantastic!!

9. Diane says:

Hi Lou– Just catching up with the 7/22 podcast. Love the Parks at the Holidays, but my favorite memory is from 2006. Our son, Nathan, was doing a Professional Internship at WDW that took him behind the scenes at many Disney World venues. When we were there for Thanksgiving and the week following, he arranged for us to view Illuminations from the dock near Mexico. We felt as if we were so close to that incredible water/music/fireworks display…and the Holiday tag w/Walter Cronkite narrating was the icing on the cake!–Surpassed only by how proud we were to be the parents of a Walt Disney World Cast Member!

10. Molly says:

My favorite year-round nod to Christmas is the tree of pickle ornaments in the Germany pavilion. Even if it’s 95 degrees in July, it still makes me feel Christmasy!

11. Mark says:

I’ve never been fortunate enough to go to WDW at Christmas, however, Disney’s Winterland Summerland mini golf is a favorite tradition of ours. My son loves it. The Winterland portion is not only decorated in a cute, nostaglic and kitschy way, there are some funny surprises which I won’t spoil. Check it out. Be sure to call ahead though as the course is closed at odd times, perhaps when there is not enough guests.

12. Paul in CT says:

Was the colored glass you were speaking about called Depression Glass? I know that it was colored glass and that my grandparents had some of it.

13. John O says:

We’re going to WDW this Christmas. We can’t wait. December 20-28, 2012. It’s something we’ve always wanted to experience