/ Tuesday, September 18th, 2012

Editor’s Note: Please welcome the newest member of the WDW Radio blog team, Maggie!  Maggie will be joining our talented group of young Disney fans who want to share the magic of the parks with other kids and teens, as well as us “grown ups.”  Please join me in welcoming Maggie!

by Maggie

I was born into a Disney family. I had no choice but to love all things Disney from an early age. In fact, my first trip to Walt Disney World was when I was only three months old.  I am now ten years old and visit Disney World and/or goes on a Disney Cruise at least once a year.  I love the Muppets, Villains, and learning the back-stories and history of Disney.

I hope to make a career as an actress. When I grow up, I want to be a character or show actress in the Disney parks.  I love doing musicals and singing. I have even had the privilege of going to an acting competition at Disney World and hope to share that experience with you.

In my future posts, I will be writing about three topics: “A Kid’s View”, “Ask Maggie”, and “You Gotta Try.”

In “Ask Maggie,” I hope you and your kids will send questions about stuff kids might like or where is the best place find something (like ice cream!).  Please post any questions you might have for the Ask Maggie segments in the comments below.

In “A Kid’s View,” I will be writing about different Disney experiences from a kid’s point of view. For example, did you know the hippo on “It’s A Small World” can be scary?

In “You Gotta Try,” I will be writing about different Disney experiences kids should try and why, such as “Dumbo” and the “Mad Tea Party.”

As you can see, I have a huge passion for Disney and cannot wait to share it with you!

18 Responses to "Disney Fans Aren’t Just “Grown Ups”"

1. Grandma W says:

I am SO proud to be the grandma of a Disney blogger. You should definitely write about the year you were scared of everything but the carousel! Let kids know you conquered your fear.

2. Very cool, Maggie! I look forward to hearing your perspective on the parks!!

3. kbrady says:

Maggie… we’re going to Disney in October. Where can I find the fairies? My girls are really wanting to see them while we’re there. Also, we haven’t been to DW in a few years, what do you suggest as a must see for kids ages 6-14?

4. Linda R says:

Welcome Maggie…. it will be great to read your comments…..our son also pretty much had NO choice then to become a DISNEY fan,,,his first trip was at age 6 months, and then 3-4 times each year,,,looking forward to your post HAVE A DISNEY DAY

5. Mandi says:

I LOVE your blog topics Maggie. This is perfect for kids!! So I have a question for you. We’re headed back in November and my kids (4 & 7) obviously love the Mickey ear ice-cream treats, but what else should they try? What is one of your favorite treats to eat at the parks??

6. Rachael says:

Love this Maggie! I am excited to follow along. I look forward to reading your posts to come!

7. Michelle M says:

Great job Maggie! We’re hoping to take our kids for the first time next year. I can’t wait to read your insights and recommendations!

8. Dan Stonaker says:

Wow! This is fantastic. I can’t wait to hear all you have to say about Disney, my favorite vacation spot. I will be there In January, any hints for being there in the cooler weather?

9. Gramps says:

Great writing! Only it seems those words and ideas were coming from 17 year old not a 10 year old. I’ve only been to Disney a few times, so I’ll be looking forward to hearing about some of your adventures. Good Luck, Maggie

10. Ginny says:

Dear Maggie,
    My family are huge disney fans too. We are planning on going again in the spring. I know a lot of trivia about disney so I wanted to ask you if you knew: how many bricks are the cinderella castle made out of? Also, I look forward to hearing about your adventures to come.

11. Ginny says:

also gabby,
    my dad works with yours,I am only a couple of years older than you.

12. Congrats! Maggie, We are so proud of you and Garner wants to be next. We are going in December to Disney and are counting down the days. We are taking our Love Bug Herbie with us. I can’t wait to hear your blogs again CONGRATS!!!

13. Gramps says:

Maybe you could write a passage about each year you went to WDW? That way kids of all ages will get a sense of just how special it is.

14. Angie Carreiro says:

Great idea for a new blog! I’ll definitely be following along!
    I have a question, too…. From a kid’s perspective, is it more important to ride as many rides as possible in the parks, or is it better to take it slow?

15. Nancy says:

Maggie, We are planning an 80th birthday celebration at Disney and will have a 14 month boy with us. I am worried about the amount of walking the 18 of us will be doing. Any suggestions?

16. Grandma W says:

WOW! lots of great questions here.

17. Gradma Dot says:

I am glad to see that you did this. So many of my friends have grandchildren and I know that this will really help them. It will help me too!

18. Jameely Moore says:

Maggie you are fantastic, I am so very proud of you. I am a good friend and neighbor or your Grandma Dot.

She sent me all the wonderful news of you because she is bursting with pride about all your accomplishments.

Keep up the great work. Love, Jameely