Listen to the Show
Interview with Disney Legend Marty Sklar, New Contest and more!
Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #293 for the week of September 23, 2012.
I’m here to help you have the best possible Disney vacation experience, and bring you some Disney magic to to wherever you are with this podcast, videos, blog, live broadcasts, events, trivia books, CDs and more. You can find it all at WDWRadio.com
As we prepare for EPCOT Center’s 30th anniversary next week, recently I’ve shared interviews with Disney Imagineers Tony Baxter on Show 289 and Jason Grandt on Show 291. Today I’m excited to bring you my conversation with the Disney Imagineer who really helped start it all, Disney Legend Marty Sklar. Since joining the Disney Company in 1956, Marty’s duties included press and publicity, working at and heading up Walt Disney Imagineering, writing for Walt, and helping to open Disney Parks around the world. In our conversation, Marty recounts stories of his early days at Disneyland, working closely with Walt, the development, genesis and opening of EPCOT Center and much, much more.
See how you did on last week’s Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week and answer this week’s challenge for your chance to win a Disney prize package.
I’ll then have some quick announcements about upcoming events, including what we’ll be doing for Epcot’s 30th including our annual online Disney charity auction to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America, and much more. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.
Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
Information and Links from This Week’s Show:
Question for YOU: How do you think Walt Disney would feel about Epcot the park? Leave your answer in the comments section below
- Listen to this week’s episode for the Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week for a chance to win a Disney prize package!
- Disney Meets and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World – Get dates and locations on our Events page
- Watch & chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com
- For more videos, subscribe to our WDW Radio channel on YouTube or the show in iTunes
- Get Celebrations Magazine on your iPad/iPhone in iTunes App Store
- Check out the Disney Food Blog e-book: The DFB Mini-Guide to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival! - Use code WDWRADIO to save 20%!
Follow Lou on Twitter and