/ Monday, October 29th, 2012

Finding Walt… in Walt Disney World, Disney Trivia Contest and more!

Walt Disney in Walt Disney World

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #298 for the week of October 27, 2012.

This week, I invite you to join me on a quest through Walt Disney World, as we explore the details, stories, tributes and references layered throughout the parks to the man who truly started it all, as we look to Finding Walt… in Walt Disney World. It’s a fun journey that that will hopefully help you connect the dots between what you see and the meaning, and the man, behind it.

Answer the Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week for your chance to win a Disney prize package.

I’ll then have some announcements including how you can help the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What is your favorite tribute to Walt Disney in Walt Disney World? Leave your answer in the comments section below!

Richard Sherman Interviews – WDW Radio Show #80 and WDW Radio Show #135

Follow Lou on Twitter and

Get the Latest Disney Updates Delivered to You Each Week!

8 Responses to "Show # 298 – October 28, 2012"

1. Sheila says:

I love them all, but I think the statue of Mr. Disney and Mickey still just warms my heart everytime I see it. It just reminds me of all that is good in our world.
    I also love Roy’s and Minnie”s. The BEST supporting cast a friend could have!

2. Paul Hoffman says:

One Man’s Dream in DHS

3. Noah Cory says:

One Man Dream is my favorite. I love walking through it and watching the video at the end.

4. That door for the casting agency on Main Street is very special to me, being a former CM. It really is all about the people and I love that :D

5. Mark Bond says:

Probably my favorite reference to Walt in the parks is at The Magic Kingdom on Main Street USA, the Lamp that is left on in the room above the Fire Station. I always say goodnight and thank you to Walt when I leave the park.

6. Mike Webster says:

Yes it’s obvious but the Partners statue is for me the best tribute. He stands tall, yet looks kind. He’s pointing to the sky, the future and beyond and yet holds the hand of a very famous mouse which if nothing else is a tie to his past.

7. Amanda says:

How about the Disney family crest above the entrance to walk through the castle? That’s another nice nod to Walt and his family.

8. Craig Hargrove says:

My favorite is “Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress” attraction. I think it is important that this attraction stays in the park as a tributue to Walt who was always focused on progress and moving forward. You are always taken back when you enter by the old smell. I love it!