/ Thursday, October 11th, 2012

Topics in this week’s Disney news include:
- Test Track Opening Date
- New Fantasyland Sneak Previews
- Disney’s “Magic Band”
- Food and Wine Classic
- And more!

QUESTION OF THE WEEK – What do you think about the possibilities of Disney’s new “Magic Band?” Leave your reply in the COMMENTS section below

—————-

Join us every Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET at http://WDWRadioLIVE.com for a LIVE interactive video news show covering Walt Disney World. Be a part of the broadcast and discussion and discuss the news real-time in the chat room.

Thanks for watching! Be sure to tune in next week!

14 Responses to "WDW Radio LIVE – Test Track, New Fantasyland, Disney’s “Magic Band” – Oct. 10, 2012"

1. Are you going to a video for youtube for the food and wine classic?And please post one of the 2012 EPCOT food and wine walkabout. Thx!

2. Lou Mongello says:
  3. Tinkerchelli says:

Hey Lou of course I missed your show again last night, we get too late from work :(
    I love this idea of the wrist band but I do wish they would do it for people who purchase passes park hoppers also when they visit would be GREAT!!!! When will you be back from your trip on November 3rd Lou? take care speak with you soon & enjoy tomorrow night. Lv Lucille xox

4. burtonsdisneyprinces says:

Not really a fan of the band..the whole idea sort of weirds me out. Not to mention they appear to be gaudy. That was something I really loved the fact you didn’t have to wear nasty wristbands to visit Disney parks.

I’m really hoping they can come up with a way to consolidate everything the way you’ve mention, but in a less…ugly and creepy way.

5. burtonsdisneyprinces says:

…And this is what I completely love about you Lou. I had initially posted a comment about how this band idea weirded me out, but I had to remove it because you have such innovative and positive ways to look at things like this that I’m really thinking this could be a great idea!

I like the idea of consolidating things because I always hate having my annual pass, DVC card, photo pass, room key, etc all the time. I hope they come up with a different physical item though. not a fan of thebraclet

6. madaboutmmouse says:

Another Awesome Video / News Cast! Concerned about the recyclable / re-useable aspect of these Magic Bands as they contain batteries – imagine the millions of these added to our landfills every year. Couldn’t help but notice they are yet another “made in china” product as well. With that said – I think they seem really cool and as you mentioned, the possibilities seems endless!

7. 1FastCookie says:

Awesome idea but.. BUT ITS ASSEMBLED IN CHINA!!!

8. I like the idea of having everything consolidated.

Maybe they can come up with a way to use the RFID technology, but wear it in a variety of ways. Maybe they can make it into some kind of cool-looking charm that could be put on a bracelet (like one of those engraved ID bracelets) or a lanyard or a keychain clipped to your belt loop or camera bag.

I’m not a big bracelet person, but I like the idea of wearing it, instead of having to get out my wallet all the time. I just think there need to be multiple options for how to wear it. My guess is, the bracelet design could be uncomfortable for someone who doesn’t often wear bracelets.

I would be a little nervous about the fact that it can track your location, and there’s no way to turn it off. Does this mean I can be tracked when I leave the park?

9. I think the ‘Magic Band’ idea is a good one, as long as they get the design right. I love Lou’s idea about the customisation of the bands. People may not find them too ugly if you could choose a design (I can just picture Lou with his Orange Bird band).

The possibilities of Disney being able to track you would be useful, but as long as its used responsibly. They could even use the bands as a way of updating real-time queue waiting times?

The possibilities of this technology is exciting.

10. Concerned about the band idea. This I think is a little too personal for Disney Guest. I’m not a fan of everyone who doesn’t know me, having so much information about me. This also makes me question the possibility of identity theft. All your information is on the wrist band and someone could just swipe it and they have your identity.

11. I watched Lou’s Wednesday WDW Radio New Cast. Every Wednesday at 7:30PM
    Eastern

12. kristenboo101 says:

Hey do you know when and what time they will be filming the Christmas Parade that airs on ABC?

13. miami305slyda says:

new world order is little by little starting to come with the idea of the magic band

14. Crystal Barger says:

I think this is a terrible idea. America needs to WAKE UP.