Visitors will enjoy tree-lighting ceremonies, dessert decorations, elves tucking kids into bed and more
To kick off the holiday season, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel is offering a variety of festive events and activities throughout December with two special guest hosts. Like many other holiday travelers, Santa and Mrs. Claus are jetting off to Florida to escape the cold, and once again have decided to spend their vacation at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel.
Families can enjoy a unique holiday experience away from home at the Epcot resort area hotel, mingling with a tropically clad Santa, lighting the tree with Mrs. Claus and even getting tucked in by one of Santa’s elves.
This year’s holiday happenings at the hotel include:
- Santa and Mrs. Claus Meet ‘n Greets Select nights throughout December, Santa and Mrs. Claus, decked out in their vacation attire, will meet with guests in Santa’s customized Tiki hut. The hut features reindeer, palm trees and flamingos, making it a photo opportunity like no other. Plus, with Santa in such a relaxed state of mind, he might even be willing to grant more gift requests for those brave enough to ask!
- Life-Size Chocolate Santa Constructed entirely of chocolate, this life-sized sculpture of Santa weighs in at approximately 1,200 pounds! The sculpture, created by the hotel’s executive pastry chef Laurent Branlard (the only two-time world pastry champion), will be on display in the lobby of the Swan during the month of December. It will also include a chocolate fireplace, chocolate Christmas tree and chocolate toy train.
- Bedtime Elf Tuck-ins Even after Santa’s elves have finished making Christmas presents, their work isn’t finished! On Christmas Eve, the elves will visit children staying at the hotel and tuck them into bed before Santa arrives. For those who order this memorable experience, a full-costumed elf will deliver milk, cookies and a plush toy to the room, read a bedtime story and tuck the children into bed. Reservations are required and space is limited for this exclusive Christmas Eve service.
- Holiday Entertainment On select nights, the hotel will offer special holiday entertainment for visitors. Guests can enjoy beautiful musical performances by carolers, choirs and musicians in the hotel lobbies or on the causeway and other public areas throughout the resort.
- Magic Keys for Santa For children worried that Santa might not know where to deliver their gifts, these magic keys are the perfect solution. Children can hang a magic key outside their guest room on Christmas Eve to ensure that Santa finds his way.
- Tree-Lighting Guests can enjoy a special tree-lighting ceremony in the Dolphin lobby on certain nights in December, hosted by Mrs. Claus herself! Beverages and snacks will be available next to Santa’s Tiki Hut.
- Dessert Decorating and Holiday Movies Throughout December, families will be able to enjoy holiday-themed movies on their guest room televisions. Children will also have the chance to decorate delicious holiday sweets in the lobby.
For more details about all the holiday excitement, including a full schedule of activities and prices, at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel or to make room reservations, please visit SantasFavoriteResort.com or call 1-800-227-1500. Overnight rates start at $159 per night.