Disney Legend Al Konetzni, Disney Trivia Contest and more!
Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #302 for the week of November 25, 2012.
I’m here to help you have the best possible Disney vacation experience, and bring you some Disney magic to to wherever you are with this podcast, videos, blog, live broadcasts, events, trivia books, CDs and more. You can find it all at WDWRadio.com
Part of what I hope to share with you on this show is not just Walt Disney World vacation planning tips, but some of the stories, secrets, history, details and people that make Disney what we have come to love and enjoy. So this week, I want to share with you a conversation I had with a someone who Walt Disney called an “Idea Man” – Disney Legend Al Konetzni. In his nearly 30 years with the company, he developed countless ideas for toys, clothing, stationery, greeting cards, jewelry and more, featuring beloved Disney characters, including the famous Pez Mickey and Mickey Mouse lunchbox. Al shares his personal journey, including working with Walt, and advice for those looking to become an artist for Disney.
I’ll have the answer to our last Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week, and pose a new challenge for your chance to win a Disney prize package.
I’ll then have some announcements at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.
Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
Information and Links from This Week’s Show
QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What is your favorite Disney collectable? Leave your answer in the comments section below!
- Listen to this week’s episode for the Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week for a chance to win a Disney prize package!
- Disney Meets and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World – Get dates and locations on our Events page
- Watch & chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com
- For more videos, subscribe to our WDW Radio channel on YouTube or the show in iTunes
- Get Celebrations Magazine on your iPad/iPhone in iTunes App Store