Epcot Post-Shows, Disney Trivia Contest and more!

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #299 for the week of November 4, 2012.

This week, we’re going to explore the attractions beyond the attractions in Future World, as we take a close look at ore of Walt Disney World’s hidden treasures and overlooked experiences – the Epcot post-shows. Interactive, entertaining and educational, they are also full of wonderful details, stories and opportunities.

Answer the Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week for your chance to win a Disney prize package.

I’ll then have some announcements at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Information and Links from This Week’s Show

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What is your favorite Epcot post-show? What types of attractions or experiences would you like to see? Leave your answer in the comments section below!

Follow Lou on Twitter and

Get the Latest Disney Updates Delivered to You Each Week!

7 Responses to "Show # 299 – November 4, 2012"

1. Brian J says:

I’d like to see Industrial Light and Magic present an all-new Image Works at Imagination.

2. Kim says:

Chuck made a comment about how he feels there may be exciting new things in store for the Imagination pavilion. I admit I have been thinking that may be the case too, particularly considering that I believe the return of Captain EO has run its course. It was a great tribute, but I think the park and the pavilion are ready for something new in that theater and I, for one, would love to see it be inspired by Figment’s story. Figement has stood the test of time and I believe Disney would be out of their minds not to embrace his story and expand on it.

I think the key to DIsney’s success has been their ability to dream up such timeless attractions (Small World, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Dumbo, Spaceship Earth, The Seas). I believe the original Imagination ride (and original ImageWorks) could have been in that category. I hope Chuck is right and they will go back to more of the “classic” Imagination concept. I believe it will outlast anything “current” they might choose instead that would likely have a much more limited lifespan, like “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.”

Many of the attractions in Epcot, like Test Track and Energy will always require updating to keep them current, but the concept of imagination and its impact on our “future world” is timeless. So I hope instead of creating a temporary hit in that space, they will opt for a timeless classic.

I also wanted to say that, while many of my childhood memories of Disney are fuzzy, the last time I was in the original ImageWorks was when I was 5, and it is my most vivid childhood memory of Disney. I can close my eyes and picture it. It was the most magical place in all the parks in my opinion. It was a place where you didn’t just get to see the magic, but you could do magical things yourself. The absolute best post show I could imagine, with memorable and interactive fun for the whole family.

3. Brian says:

My 3 hellions love all the post-shows mentioned. Part of the benefit of repeated visits is allowing the kids to enjoy what they love for as long as they wish, like turning them loose in Innoventions for an entire morning.

4. Howard (@can_twitr) says:

The family favorite is the Spaceship Earth post show with all hands on things to try / play with. When my kids were younger, they had to try EVERYTHING and as they’ve grown, the exhibits keep getting refreshed.

5. Kungaloosh1117 says:

I first went to EPCOT Center back in 1983. I was a sophomore in high school and completely enamored by the educational aspect of the park.

My favorite post-show attraction at the time was at World of Motion. I loved seeing the concept cars and learning about the future of the automotive industry. It showed me the current technology and possible next steps for the industry, in a real and believable way. For that reason, I love the Innoventions Dream Home at Disneyland, too.

I’d like to see more post-show attractions that showcase new technology, whether it’s for home or business. Epcot needs sponsors willing to show their latest gadgets and ideas (Google’s Project Glass, anyone?) so the park can be a living World’s Fair.

6. Chris says:

I been to the Project Tomorrow post show area on Spaceship Earth. I like the Power City game, I was getting a real workout. I also been to the Imageworks in the Imagination Pavilion with Figment, and the Seas with Nemo and Friends post show.

7. Alex says:

Ugh I know how that rushing through the post-attraction feels. Every time my family and I exit the ride for Spaceship Earth, as soon as we send our pictures home, my brother and I’s parents try to rush us out of Project Tomorrow before we can play something.