by Caitlin Corsello
It’s hard to believe that it’s already the end of 2012, yet here we are on New Year’s Eve already! I’ve been thinking about my various resolutions for the year to come, and I thought it would be fun to come up with a list of Disney resolutions for myself. While I don’t expect to make any of them come true in the upcoming year, I can’t wait to one day complete them!
- Stay at the Polynesian Resort: Being my favorite resort on property, this resolution is at the top of my list. I stayed at the Polynesian once when I was little, but do not remember much of the actual stay. One of the highlights of each of my WDW visits is stopping by the resort, taking in that wonderful smell of the lobby (What exactly is that smell?? If they bottled it I would buy in bulk!), stopping by Ohana or Captain Cook’s for some Tonga Toast, enjoying a Lapu Lapu at Kona Café, and just wandering the grounds and taking in the ambiance and magical views of Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom. While I can’t wait to stay at the Polynesian again, it’s well out of my price range at the moment. So this resolution is probably going to take some time to come true.
- Ride Every Attraction in One Day: Okay, admittedly I don’t even know if this one is possible, but it would be awesome to make it happen!
- Take Every Tour Offered: I’ve slowly started to work my way through this list. I’ve taken the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and was absolutely thrilled with the experience! It’s fantastic to get a behind the scenes look at WDW while learning history and facts along the way. I’m hoping to next take the Wild Africa Trek Tour for some up close and personal experiences inside Kilimanjaro Safaris!
- Eat in Every Restaurant on Property: Being a foodie, I love trying new cuisines and drinks and what better place to do so than WDW! I’m pretty far off from completing this list, but I am slowly working my way towards completing it by trying a few new restaurants every time I visit. Most recently I’ve eaten in Coral Reef Restaurant, Kona Café, and Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, but the list will continue to grow!
- Finally Get A Picture Of Tinkerbell Flying: The legend goes in my family, that despite being somewhat adequate photographers, every visit we are thwarted in our attempts to get a picture of Tink flying through the sky in the beginning of Wishes. It has become a family joke to us, but one of these days I’ll eventually get the picture!
- Get Back Out To Disneyland: My final resolution is to visit Disneyland again. I visited a few times when younger, but I have not been there since before the opening of Disney’s California Adventure! I am so looking forward to getting to experience not only the classic Magic Kingdom, but also everything new out there one day. Now if only I could figure out a way to get into Club 33…
What are YOUR Disney Resolutions for 2013? Post your goals in the comments section below.
Caitlin Corsello was born and raised in New York. She graduated from Adelphi University with a Masters in Mental Health Counseling in 2012. Her love for Disney started as an infant and has continued to grow with family vacations to Disney parks almost every year since. She holds a particular interest in WDW’s parks and attractions, never passing up an opportunity to visit. She looks forward to continuing to explore and learn about all things Disney and to share that passion with readers.