From November 4-8, 2012, Lou Mongello joined hundreds of friends and listeners of WDW Radio for the second annual WDW Radio Cruise on the Disney Dream. WDWRadioCruise.com

We were joined by our very special guest, Disney Legend Richard M. Sherman of the Sherman Brothers. The Sherman Brothers have written timeless classics such as the music from Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, The Aristocats, The Tigger Movie, it’s a small world, There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Epcot’s Imagination Pavilion, The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room and countless others.

Mr. Sherman performed a private concert only for WDW Radio guests, and told stories of working with Walt Disney, Julie Andrews, and Dick VanDyke, and on theme park attraction songs for Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

Here is just a small sample of our memorable, intimate concert with Richard M. Sherman.

Join us on our next WDW Radio cruise by visiting WDWRadioCruise.com

Thanks for watching!

- Lou Mongello

20 Responses to "Video: Disney Legend Richard M. Sherman Concert on the Disney Dream with WDW Radio"

1. Lou Mongello says:
  2. Shelley Benhoff says:

I am so happy you posted this! I was crying while sitting in the theater and I’m crying again now watching the recap. I’m really looking forward to the next cruise!!

3. dizneluver says:

Wish I could have seen this in person…thanks for posting!

4. mark tilley says:

What a treat that must have been…thanks for the video, Lou !!!

5. Sheila says:

The BEST video yet :) How lucky you are to have met him. Would have loved to have been there. Is there a place where we can watch the whole concert?
    Mary poppins one of my favorites. To get to meet Mr. Sherman and Dick Van Dyke would be two notches on my bucket list.
    Do you know when “Saving Mr. ??” (mind went blank),with tom Hanks will be out?

6. Fran Cassano says:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! What a joy to revisit! Mr. Sherman = Pure Disney Magic. We love you for this, Lou!

7. Mohlafam says:

thank you, thank you, thank you, for posting this we had a ball on the cruiseand made some great friends !!

8. fsyeah says:

I wish I could have attended, oh well.. Thanks for posting!

9. Amy Cashman says:

Thank you for making this montage!! I still can’t believe we were there and saw it in person! It is a little piece of Disney history that we all shared together as a WDW Radio family. Thank you, Lou!

10. Karen Hart says:

An unforgettable experience. Mr. Sherman has such a beautiful soul. I wish we could relive the whole presentation all over again, but I do appreciate the recap!

11. aTimeAsThis says:

What a once in a lifetime opportunity! It astounds me the sheer number of songs the Sherman Brothers wrote and how they all take us to a certain place the moment we hear them. What a remarkable career. What a wonderful storyteller.

12. Teresa says:

That actually brought tears to my eyes! Thank you so much for sharing it with those of us who weren’t able to be part of the cruise. What an amazing man.

13. Anthony Melo says:

Wow, brought tears to my eyes.
    R.I.P Robert

14. Larixhuis says:

Thank you for posting this. Gooseflesh!!

15. Eirahbelle says:

Thanks for uploading. I was quite moved by this. All these songs that I have grown up singing and loving. I didn’t know they were all Sherman brothers songs.To know now that they were all written by the Sherman Brothers blows my mind!

16. supersuperwendydvc says:

If you guys like this video… watch the documentary called The Boys about the Sherman brothers..it’s amazing

17. Craig Duncan says:

Was the highlight of the cruise and an added bonus to meet him and have him sign our daughters song book. Thank you

18. Damien Le Maistre says:

Legend lol would love to interview him

19. Devan says:

I cried watching this video. Knowing that he was half of the genius pair that wrote so many songs that shaped my childhood…and listening to “Feed the Birds” and imagining Walt asking them to play that very version for them…makes my Disney loving heart so, so happy.