As you know, on February 9, 2013, we will celebrate the sixth anniversary of our wonderful Disney community here at WDW Radio. To celebrate, we are hosting an on-line anniversary party for the Box People. We asked you all to submit ideas for activities that Lou and his friends can complete in five hours while in Epcot on February 9, and WOW, you all brought your creativity hats!! There was an amazing array of ideas for celebrating the anniversary!
Below, please find the final list of ideas submitted for the anniversary celebration. We need YOU to select your favorite ideas. Watch as Lou, Tony, Glenn, Scott and Beci spend five hours in Epcot, racing to complete as many of the ideas as they can and trying to beat last year’s achievement of 23 acts performed.
Please peruse the ideas below and select your favorite TWO Future World Activities and TWO World Showcase activities by Saturday February 2. Then, watch LIVE in The Box on February 9, starting at 10:00am EST to see what tasks won and how many can be completed. Please note that because of the sheer size of Epcot, events may not be done in strict order but will be arranged to maximize the team’s time.
Don’t forget that if you’re going to be IN Walt Disney World on February 9, you’re invited to join us for our Meet of the Month and 6 Year Anniversary Celebration at the Electric Umbrella, starting at 4pm. Lou promises to make some special announcements, too!
Thank you so much for being a part of the WDW Radio family and for making this celebration possible!
Which TWO activities do you most want to see Lou and the gang complete in Future World?
- Find 6 cast members with 6 or more years service IN Epcot and present them with a Thank You card from the WDW Radio family (30%, 85 Votes)
- Stand outside Captain EO and get 6 random people to moonwalk. Best one as judged by The Box gets a prize (29%, 82 Votes)
- Find 6 strangers and convince them to ride Journey into Imagination with the group (19%, 54 Votes)
- Drink 6 mini-cups of Beverly drink at Club Cool. (18%, 52 Votes)
- Go to the Test Track post-show area and get the group into the smallest car on display. Ask a guest to take a picture. (18%, 50 Votes)
- Get signatures from 6 different characters through-out the day (on a hat or shirt) and then give them away to a guest or listener (16%, 45 Votes)
- Obtain 6 Fast-Passes for Soarin. Distribute them later in the day, before leaving Future World for World Showcase (13%, 37 Votes)
- Distribute 6 stuffed Stitch (experiment 626) plush to young guests. (12%, 35 Votes)
- Find a tribute to the Horizons Pavilion and discuss favorite memories of Horizons (9%, 26 Votes)
- In the Leave a Legacy area, find Lou & Deanna's tile & show the Box (6%, 17 Votes)
- Inside Mouse Gear, find 6 souvenirs that have a 6 in the price. Have Glenn select one to use as a prize for the 6th person to say Happy Anniversary to Lou at the Meet of the Month (6%, 16 Votes)
- Play the Great Piggy Bank adventure "ultimate vacation." If you fail to achieve your goal, the whole group must drink a glass of Beverly. (4%, 11 Votes)
- Inside Innoventions, find 6 signs that have the number 6. Show The Box! (3%, 8 Votes)
- Get 6 people to say they like the Beverly (2%, 7 Votes)
- In Sunshine Seasons, order a vegan meal that the team can agree upon and must share. (2%, 7 Votes)
- In the Mission: Space post-show area, send a Postcard from Space to Deanna (2%, 6 Votes)
- Have each member of the group take Mr. Ray's pop quiz. Those not deemed a Sea Expert must drink a cup of Beverly. (2%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 284
Which TWO activities do you most want to see Lou and the gang complete in World Showcase?
- Ride Maelstrom in Norway (dressed as Vikings) and scream as loud as possible at the little drop (37%, 86 Votes)
- In the United Kingdom, wait for 6 minutes by the phone booths and accept phone calls from Box People LIVE! (Phone numbers to be published later) (33%, 76 Votes)
- Find CMs from six different WS pavilions and have them teach us how to say "Happy Anniversary!" in their native language! (25%, 57 Votes)
- Hold hands six across singing it's a small world while walking around World Showcase. (16%, 37 Votes)
- Get six different cast members from their respective countries to sing their national anthem. (13%, 29 Votes)
- Go to Japan and trying on the Kimonos in the store. Each person (Lou, Beci, Scott, Glenn, and Christy) would have to wear one and then take a group picture (10%, 24 Votes)
- Go to the American pavilion, put on Uncle Sam hats and read part of the Declaration of Independence. (8%, 19 Votes)
- Watch a candy-making demonstration by Miyuki. Then, have each member of the group use PlayDoh to mimic one of her creations. Winner (as deemed by Scott) gets a Kaki Gori! (7%, 17 Votes)
- Go to Italy and ask cast members what "Mongello" and "Caggiano" mean in Italian (7%, 16 Votes)
- In Morocco, present 6 children with EPCOT passport kits. (7%, 16 Votes)
- Each color a Duffy at one of the Kidcot stations and auction them off at the next Dream Team Auction (6%, 15 Votes)
- Purchase 6 crepes in France and present them to 6 people wearing Disney shirts (6%, 14 Votes)
- Explore, show and talk about 6 locations/scenes within the outdoor Train Layout at the Germany in EPCOT (3%, 8 Votes)
- Take a picture wearing 6 sombreros at once (3%, 7 Votes)
- Eat 6 school breads (3%, 6 Votes)
- Cross World Showcase Lagoon six times by boat (2%, 5 Votes)
- Eat 6 of the crabs in the dried crab snacks at the store in Japan (2%, 4 Votes)
- Take a picture of the box with 6 random people. (1%, 3 Votes)
- In Germany, purchase a pickle ornament and ask a cast member to write "Merry Christmas" on it in German. Present it to a teen guest in the area. (1%, 3 Votes)
- Explore, show and talk about 6 of the different types of Architecture in Great Britain in EPCOT. (1%, 3 Votes)
- In China, have the male members of the group try Chinese juggling sticks. Whichever member can juggle the longest can enjoy a break from the next challenge. (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 232