/ Tuesday, February 19th, 2013

Join Lou Mongello on a “Quest for the Best” as he explores Downtown Disney in Walt Disney World looking for the Top 5 Snacks.

So, have you tried snacking at places like BabyCakes NYC, Cookes of Dublin, Earl of Sandwich, Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop, Marketplace Snacks, Wonderland Cafe, Forty Thirst Street, Haagen Dazs, or Wetzel’s Pretzels?

What is YOUR favorite snack item or location in Downtown Disney? Leave your comments below!

Thanks for watching!

- Lou Mongello

68 Responses to "Video: Top 5 Snacks in Downtown Disney in Walt Disney World"

1. Ghirardelli’s drinking chocolate w/ a biscotti is my favorite drink/snack at Downtown.

2. petertedonefilm says:

(More a proper dessert but…)Bread Pudding at Ragland Road. Insane amount that no single person should be able to eat. Delicious sauce to pour over as you eat further into the cup.

3. bbq chicken nachos at splitsville!!!!!!!!!

4. love these videos

5. A hot dog wrapped in dough at Wetzel’s Pretzels.

6. Lou, I love the way you recognize the important food groups! Chocolate, peanut butter, donuts… Love it! Thanks again for letting me live vicariously through you and your adventures!

7. Forgot to add my favourite snack at DTD. Has to be the chocolate cake at Earl of Sandwich. I just can’t decide which filling I like best (white, chocolate, or peanut butter)…so I get all three!

8. Stan AKA stansolo40 says:

What are there no garbage cans for Lou to eat off of in DTD.

9. George Neale says:

Awesome video!

10. Lou Mongello says:
  11. Yukari Peerless says:
  12. James Ruppert says:

Thanks Lou, now I need to get a snack

13. Lucille Salzer says:

Hey Lou, you made me extremely hungry here at work right now? I am so Jealous of you!!!! I never knew about that Pretzel Place or that Bakery, we don’t do Downtown Disney for eating much, more for shopping, next trip I am checking out these places we will be staying at Saratoga…Love your videos keep them coming ok. Take Care and have a Magical Evening…Lucille aks “Tinkerchelli”

14. suchhAradical says:

I work at Goofy’s, Lou! I can’t believe I missed you!!!!!

15. GoldenRhino100 says:

A goofy glacier at goofys cans corp

16. For me nothing beats a cookies and cream ice cream from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor

17. “The caramel group”…you nut.

18. Darlene aka: dnorris62 says:

Lou,
    You made me hungry! Well I have a new favorite now, the Deep Fried Snickers! I will admit I haven’t had a chance to taste it yet, but there is no doubt in my mind that I will become addicted, lol!

19. Did you hear the news Lou? Downtown disney makeover? Wetzels will become starbucks!!!

20. All those snacks in one day!!! Thanks for “taking one for the team” to make this great video, Lou! I will have to try that deep fried Snickers bar on our next visit.

21. This so makes me wish that we lived in FL so we could have more time to visit Downtown Disney. Gotta try the customizable snacks some time.

22. Thanks for the video Lou!!!! My favorite snack at Downtown Disney is the Mickey or Minnie chocolate/caramel dipped Marshmallows dipped in Red Sanding Sugar at Goofy’s Candy Co.

23. Mini donuts with chocolate and Carmel dipping sauce from T-Rex Cafe! I just had some on Sunday

24. David Thacker says:

How about top 5 places to eat (sit down) in all the parks? Then maybe in resorts. Id like to see that

25. My favorite is sosa cigar company

26. All of them looked amazing!

27. Nicola Thomas says:

I love the salted caramel squares from Ghiradelli but I’m really looking forward to trying the vintage cheese and bacon dip from Cookes of Dublin

28. A corn dog from Casey’s Corner….with extra mustard

29. I want everything in this video. I love Wetzels the most!!!

30. Karen Lovesdisney says:

The whetzel pretzel place is amazing, I get the exact same thing. A plan pretzel with cheese and a lemonade :-) I can taste it already…yummy

31. Matt Browning says:

One of my favorites is the Main Street Chocolate Caramel Popcorn at Goofy’s Candy Co. I always get it for the ride home. It barely makes it of property!

32. John Thomas Cloys says:

Love these food videos, you should do them more often! Keep up the great work.

33. I think my fav has to be the chocolate cake from earls’s with the vanilla frosting filling… its just so doughy and decadent! yum! but will def have to try the custom treats from goofys on our next trip in june! :D

34. Jeff Manion says:

Earl of Sandwich Original then followed by a peanut butter Ghirardelli’s

Jeff (LIghtyear) Manion.

35. Yum!!! Keep em coming

36. Joshua Lovell says:

Pause it at 5:11 lol nd idk I didn’t have a snack in down town disney but in magic kingdom it’s sleapy hallow funnel cake

37. vidssurfer says:

The diabetes group the cholesterol group and overall the obesity group

38. laserfreak12345 says:

Brownies from magic kingdom :)

39. Clifton Quinn says:

from goofys candy shop the chocolate covered pineapple is delicious. You can either get milk or dark chocolate and you wont go wrong with either one.

40. GoldenRhino100 says:

Goofus candy shop has the goofy glaciers which isn’t favorite snack not just at disney but everywhere

41. GoldenRhino100 says:

I ment goofy

42. James Davies says:

I love Food Ruckers!!!!

43. Toria Noelle says:

I’ve never heard of Goofy Glaciers, but they sound really good, what kind of treat are they? and at Hollywood Studios, they have a candy shop and everything there is really good. My brother and I went there when my mom, dad, and sister were riding a ride and we both really loved their candy. I would suggest going there if you’re going to Disney again.

44. Goofy glaciers are, comparable to an Icee or, a Slushee. The difference is that a Goofy Glacier is easier/smoother to drink rather than drinking an Icee or a slush.

45. Toria Noelle says:

Thanks (: I have to get one if I go

46. Thoralmir says:

The shaved ice in the Japan Pavilion in Epcot; the ice cream (and everything else) at Beaches & Cream in the Yacht & Beach Club; the buffalo popcorn chicken at Sci-Fi Drive-In Café at Hollywood Studios; the pizza at the Italian pavilion at Epcot; the Chili Cone Carne at Downtown Disney; and the buffet at the Trail’s End Tavern at Ft. Wilderness

47. buffy0214 says:

I didn’t know there were so many amazing snacks available at DD. I need to eat more LOL Goofy’s was the only place I could find cherry sours on my last visit.

48. Sorceressofstars says:

Port Orleans French quarter beniet ( spelling ahhhh) as well as dole whip at MK and boneless wings at AK and Epcot I think would be the cute little French bakerie I love the Hand made goodies :)

49. Vito Giobbie says:

One of my favorite snacks at downtown disney is one you already mentioned, but it’s a different option, though. It’s at Goofy’s Candy Company and it’s the customized candy apple. I got mine with chocolate and sprinkles. Oh my god, it was phenomenal!

50. Jfamolare123 says:

Do you eat all those snacks in one day? Lol

51. silvercrew1 says:

Used to work custodial at Downtown Disney. Walking around smelling all of these snacks and not being able to eat any while working was a killer!!

52. bob just bob says:

you said cocks of Dublin has good fish and chips, if you think that you must be high am british and it was they worst fish and chips i have ever had

53. Tweetytaps says:

Love baby cakes!!!!!!!

54. Collin Mustico says:

Ghiradelli

55. Kodachrome40 says:

I’ve been to Ghiradelli in San Francisco. That sundae is perfect.

56. wdwchannel1 says:

One of my favorite videos! I now have virtual indigestion :)

57. I miss Disney :((

58. TheRealBeerHeads says:

Amazing video, when I was in California Adventures I had a Karl Strauss pintail pale ale and jalopeno cheese pretzel. Amazing pair. Also in Disneyland the sugar and cream cheese filled pretzels to die for ate at least 10 pretzels in a 3 day trip.

59. almondandchocolate says:

Aside from the pretzel, this things are desserts. Not what I would call snacks. Too much sweets. ;-; Although they do look delicious.

60. Stacey Hainsworth says:

MEATBALL SUB – EARL OF SANDWICH, but you need 2 !!!!!

61. Samantha Roundtree says:

I love your videos! I grew up in orlando and my dad was a cast member, so you really bring back some awesome memories! Also own almost all your audio guides. They are fantastic! I never thought someone could actually find some fun secrets I didnt know yet. Thanks for everything you do, keep em coming! :)

62. Is their any websites or that tell you about the snacks??

63. disney is so expensive

64. cassidy glam girl says:

there are always the classic mickey bar

65. Jack hargis says:

I Do not know if this counts as a snack but the kitchen sink

66. Audrey Redeker says:

Can i have this job?

67. Nico Gabriel says:

Those were food group lies don’t trust Lou he is tricksy and false

68. beanerama9 says:

Where´s Earl of Sandwich on this list? Haha. Man, those sandwiches are a
    must-eat-snack right when you touch the Downtown´s floor!