/ Monday, March 4th, 2013
Tags:

Train StationAfter returning from a Disney vacation, I enter into the obligatory period of depression that usually lasts about a week. After this depression subsides, I look for ways to feed my Disney obsession and fuel me until my next visit, which is usually about a year later. I do everything from read Disney blogs and articles, listen to podcasts and Disney music, and even edit vacation photos. But perhaps some of my favorite things to reminisce about from the parks are some of the classic Disney quotes that are found on both attractions and in general areas throughout Walt Disney World. In this category, I lump not only actual spoken quotes but also some favorite noises found throughout the World. I thought it would be a great idea for a post to include a list of all of my favorite Disney World quotes and turn it into a little competition. I would love for everyone who is reading to leave a comment casting their vote for their favorite Disney World quote below. Let’s see if we can determine which is the most popular quote of all! I know that I’m including a lot of quotes, as there are a ton of great ones, so everyone can include multiple favorites in their comment and we’ll see which come out on top! I hope you’ll join me in my little quest for the best Walt Disney World quote! And without further ado, let’s bring on the quotes!

• We wants the red head! (Pirates of the Caribbean)
  • Hurry baaackkk…hurry baaackkk… (Haunted Mansion)
  • Ready when you are C.B.! (The Great Movie Ride)
  • Here we goooo! (Peter Pan’s Flight)
  • Buh bye! (Star Tours)
  • Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow… (Journey into Imagination – Original Version)
  • Rat, schmat, besides they’re tourists, what do they know? (Muppet Vision)
  • Thank the Phoenicians (Spaceship Earth)
  • This here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness! (Big Thunder Mountain)
  • Fireworks burst
  • Please stand clear of the closing doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas (Monorail)
  • Dead men tell no tales (Pirates of the Caribbean)
  • Whatever happened to Rosita? (The Enchanted Tiki Room)
  • Love in a roller coaster (Rock n’ Roller Coaster)
  • Back, back, back over the falls! (Maelstrom)
  • Please don’t send me down into that Briar Patch! (Splash Mountain)
  • Soarin to tower… (Soarin)
  • Mama don’t whoop little Buford…I think you should shoot him instead (Country Bear Jamboree)
  • It’s a salute to all nations but mostly America (Muppet Vision)
  • Sound of the Walt Disney World Railroad horn
  • It’s the backside of water! (Jungle Cruise)
  • Oh no you don’t, Ethan! (The Great Movie Ride)
  • The next time you check into a deserted hotel, make sure you know just what you’re checking into (The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror)
  • I almost bounced clear out of the ride! (The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh)

So there you have it, what I consider to be some of the greatest quotes of Disney World! Be sure to cast your vote below and let’s see what quote comes out on top! Also feel free to add in anything that you think I left out!

Cast your vote in the comments below, I can’t wait to hear from you!

Tags:

21 Responses to "Disney From The Twenty-Something: The Best Walt Disney World Quotes"

1. Freya Livsey says:

HAS TO BE…..

Was recently at the world for 3 days and we had no reason to go on the monorail; however, dragged my other half on a trip round the Seven Seas Lagoon… LOVE IT! :)

2. I’m going to have to go with “It’s a salute to all nations but mostly America” (Muppet Vision)
    I laugh so much every time I hear it, especially coming from Lou during the newscasts!

3. My top three:

1) Please stand clear of the closing doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas (Monorail)
    2) This here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness! (Big Thunder Mountain)
    3) Dead men tell no tales (Pirates of the Caribbean)

And my write in: Welcome foolish mortals…

4. I wait for “Dead Men Tell No Tales”! It gets me in the mood for the rest of the ride.

5. I don’t consider it a complete vacation until I’ve heard…

1-Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow
    2-we have 999 happy haunts here, but there’s room for a thousand.
    3-hurry back, and be sure to bring your..death certificate.

6. Kenny Johns says:

1) Please stand clear of the closing doors. Por favor mantengase Alejandro de las puertas (monorail)
    I love this line so much, it is the door bell ringer of the front door of my home.

7. Mine is “Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase Alejandro de las puertas” (Monorail) Jack Wagner never gets old.

8. CriesDuringWishes says:

I vote for:
    …but mostly America
    And
    …don’t fling me in that briar patch!
    And a write in from the MK rope drop show:
    …where only a wish creates things like this to appear

9. Becky King says:

Def #1: Please stand clear…

Also from Muppet Vision: “Stopping in the middle of a row is distinctly unpatriotic.”

10. “Dead men tell no tales”. My favorite line from my favorite ride

11. Lorraine P.(strawberrylilacs) says:

Our top three:
    1. •Please stand clear of the closing doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas (Monorail)
    You feel like you are really there. Love to hear it at beginning of Lou’s podcast.

2. •Here we goooo! (Peter Pan’s Flight)
    3. •Hurry baaackkk…hurry baaackkk… (Haunted Mansion)
    And KennyJones – how does one get that doorbell ringer?

12. Stan AKA stansolo40 says:

For me #1 would be-Please stand clear of the closing doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.

Runner up is-Dead men tell no tales (Pirates of the Caribbean)

The one I quote the most though is-Are you sure I’m not messing up my hair (Ye Haa Bob POR)

I also would like to know more about Kenny’s doorbell.

13. I need to amend my previous choice. “Dead men tell no tales” is my favorite RIDE quote. However, “Please stand clear” is my favorite WDW quote. We begin every WDW vacation with a ride around the Magic Kingdom on the Monorail. Hearing that voice gets us all excited!

14. Oh my goodness, these are all fantastic! For me, hearing the cast members say “Have a magical day!” makes the vacation. However, my family also has a special place for “This here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness” because on a trip when my brother was little, he (completely seriously) yelled “what’s a wilderness?” and cracked up everyone around us. :-)

15. My favorite is “We wants the redhead!” “Please stand clear of the closing doors,” is a close second.

16. yensidsailetlaw says:

For some reason the only rides that really make me feel like I´m in Disney and let me know that I am actually there are Peter Pan´s Flight and Spaceship Earth so its got to be either ¨

“Here we gooo!” (Peter Pan’s Flight)

or

“Thank the Phoenicians” (Spaceship Earth)

17. My favourite will always be “Welcome home.” whenever we check in to our DVC resort.

18. Coming from a family that includes redheads it has to be We wants the redhead followed by take small children by the hand

19. Caitlin Corsello says:

Thank you so much everyone for voting for your favorites and adding in any quotes that I missed!! Here are the results so far:

1st Place — With a whopping 9 votes is:

- Please stand clear of the closing doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.

2nd Place — With five votes, the runner up is:

- Dead men tell no tales

3rd Place — Is a five way tie with each of the following phrases having two votes:

- It’s a salute to all nations, but mostly America
    - This here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness!
    - Hurry baacckkk
    - Here we goooo!
    - We wants the redhead

4th Place — Is a huge tie between all of the following phrases which each received one vote:

- Welcome foolish mortals
    - Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow(I can’t believe I forgot that one!!
    - Please don’t fling me down into that Briar Patch!
    - Where only a wish creates things like this to appear
    - Stopping in the middle of a row is distinctly unpatriotic
    - Have a magical day
    - Welcome home
    - Please take small children by the hand

And there you have it, the current ranking of favorite WDW quotes! So far the monorail’s signature spiel is winning by a landslide, but I will keep updating the results as more votes come in! Thank you all for participating!!

20. funny how I smiled at evry single one!

The monoral saying is a classic! That will always be in my top 3, (and my family), I do also love
    we want the redhead ( I am one so its funnier!)

21. I love the Haunted Mansion so
    Hurry baaackkk…hurry baaackkk… (Haunted Mansion)gets my vote but they are all great quotes and the write in “Please stand clear of the closing doors” is a close second.