Disney in a Minute™ – 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Hidden Tribute

Walt Disney World is full of hidden treasures and details, each of which tells a story. Throughout the parks, you can also find many tributes to former attractions. One of my personal favorites pays homage to the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction in Fantasyland in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. You can actually find it hidden in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

Want to know where it is and how to find it? What this week’s Disney in a Minute video!

If there is something YOU would like to see covered in a Disney in a Minute™ video, leave your suggestions in the Comments section!

Thanks for watching!

– Lou Mongello

13 Responses to "Video: Disney in a Minute™ – 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Hidden Tribute"

1. countertopguy says:

I rode it when i was 5…and remember it very well, such a cool ride

2. Lou Mongello says:

Disney in a Minute™ – 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Hidden Tribute

Walt Disney World is full of hidden treasures and details, each of which
    tells a story. Throughout the parks, you can also find many tributes to
    former attractions. One of my personal favorites pays homage to the 20,000
    Leagues Under the Sea attraction in Fantasyland in Walt Disney World’s
    Magic Kingdom. You can actually find it hidden in The Many Adventures of
    Winnie the Pooh.

Want to know where it is and how to find it? What this week’s Disney in a
    Minute video!

If there is something YOU would like to see covered in a Disney in a
    Minute™ video, leave your suggestions in the Comments below!

SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/ytwdwradio

3. Lucille Salzer says:

I remember riding it and I also remember when they closed it. They also had Swan Boats there at one time :( Missing the old Disney at times and then knowing how old I am getting :( Thanks Lou….

4. robhimself79 says:

Thanks for the reminder of the downturn of the parks.. That is what you’re trying to do right?

5. Kevin W says:

Very cool. I love learning new things.

6. Bruce says:

When I first saw it, it was like seeing a religious symbol for the first time. You are afraid to touch it, for it might disappear.

7. shanashtee says:

I’m glad they included a little something as a reminder of the old 20K ride. It was one of the first rides I every rode in WDW when I was about 7 years old and I loved it! Many years later when Disney auctioned off some of the old sub portholes I purchased one :)

8. Steamboat Eddie says:

Pretty cool Lou, I’ll have to look for that. Enjoyed the first Disney in a minute video, can’t wait for more.

Later on.

9. TheStormybob says:

Lou what are you doing!!! This video is over a minute!

10. Bob says:

Loved your Disney in a Minute, Lou! Disney’s 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is my favorite movie, and the sub was designed by Disney legend Harper Goff. The ride, of, course, later took its inspiration from the movie.

11. Bruce says:

for those not aware. Even though some people think the sub ride at Disneyland are also Nautiluses, they aren’t, they are Polaris type subs. The story goes, Walt Disney wanted to build the fictional sub for his attraction, but General Dynamics, builder of real subs for the US Navy, balked. So in order to have GD help pay for the ride, Walt Disney had to settle for their sub design.

Its a shame about the attraction going away. The rehab that never happened I call it.

12. trendymagic says:

And don’t forget about the nod to 20K in the rockwork at Mermaid. :)

13. Christannerr says: