/ Monday, June 24th, 2013

I’m still basking in the joy of spending a weekend with my WDW Radio family at the NJ Meet Event, and am starting to slip into that “post-Disney depression” that usually follows the conclusion of my Disney vacations.  Increasingly, however, the “blues” occur when I leave those who “get” me and return to the world where people are NOT, in fact, all optimistic, forward-thinking, Disney-loving individuals.   To be sure, I love my life and have great friends, but nothing beats being with my Disney family.

As a result, my brain is unusually fixated on Disney right now…  when I walked up my front walk this morning, I saw the image below… .and my brain tripped into Disney.  And as I spent the rest of my day in recovery from the meet, I continued to see things in totally ordinary life (with NO Disney connection) that triggered Disney references in my mind.

So, the day’s experiences naturally inspired for me a new blog series: to show you the things in my everyday life that remind me of Disney and see if YOU can figure out “what is that girl thinking???”  Often times, there could be several Disney-related things that could have popped into my mind, but I will award randomly a mystery ticket each week to someone who correctly guesses what was the first Disney reference that popped into my mind when I saw the image.

In the comments, please share what you think I was thinking,… and share what Disney reference pops into your mind when you see it!

rose

35 Responses to "What Is that Girl Thinking? An Introduction"

1. Freya Livsey says:

The Enchanted Rose
    from Beauty and the Beast :)

2. Beauty and The Beast….8(:-)

3. Chris Collins says:

The rose from Beauty and the Beast?

4. There’s definitely the reference to the rose from Beauty and the Beast here – least, that’s what popped into my head.

5. I understand both your post-Disney blues and seeing Disney in ordinary things. It’s great to have Disney reminders in the real world. Now, I know most people will probably think the rose in the picture made you think of Beauty and the Beast, but my first thought (and I’m guessing it was yours) was “Painting the Roses Red” from Alice in Wonderland.

6. The rose from Beauty and the Beast. That or honestly the gift sequence in Sleeping Beauty where Flora gives Aurora the gift of Beauty.

7. Beauty and the Beast

8. Beauty and the Beast! My favorite princess, Belle :)

And great idea for a blog series, I love it!

9. The rose from Beauty and the Beast, of course!

10. This is so obvious. It’s Belle’s rose, or more accurately The Beast’s Rose. The question is, how did it get to your garden?

11. Looks like the Beauty and the Beast Rose to me…

12. Beauty and the Beast–Beast’s rose

13. Patrick Watts says:

Beauty and the Beast

14. The rose from Beauty and the Beast/Be Our Guest Restauraunt?

15. Beauty and the Beast?

16. Kristin Casagrand says:

Beauty and the beast!

17. Caitlin Corsello says:

The enchanted rose from Beauty & the Beast!

18. Tony E (BacksideOfWater) says:

The enchanted rose from Beauty and the Beast!

19. Whenever I see a rose like this I instantly think of the enchanted Rose from Beauty and the Beast. This one looks like it is ready to lose another petal.

20. You’re thinking about Beauty and the Beast…more specifically, Belle and the undying love that the rose represents…or you could be thinking “Man, that’s a nice rose”…either way :D

21. Jim O'Neil (HubbleO) says:

The rose in the West Wing of the Be Our Guest restaurant.

22. Was it Alice’s ‘All in the Golden Afternoon’? That’s what I think of looking at the photo :)

23. I always think of the Rose Garden in Epcot

24. Diane Jones says:

The enchanted rose from Beauty and the Beast.

25. Looks like the rose from Beauty and the Beast to me.

26. Steamboat Eddie says:

Whenever I see flowers I instantly think of the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot.

Have an awesome day!

27. The Rose Garden near the Castle!

28. Beauty and the Beast

29. I feel like I’m looking into the glass dome at the rose that is in the Beasts castle.

30. I’m going to move away from everyone else’s guess and say the Flower and Garden Festival. The Rose Garden.

31. I feel your post disney pain, I also find comfort in
    seeing disney magic in the real world. This photo instantly took me to the rose garden outside the castle.

32. Ian Martin says:

Going with the crowd here and saying Beauty and the Beast!

33. Pixie Hollow?

beth

34. John Clover says:

Alice in Wonderland, the Red Rose from the singing flowers.

35. The enchanted rose from Beauty and the Beast