WDW Radio LIVE  News Cast for October 16, 2013

Topics in this week’s Disney news include:

- Avatar in Disney’s Animal Kingdom

—————-

Thanks for watching! Be sure to tune in next week!

– Lou Mongello

19 Responses to "Video: Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World – WDW Radio LIVE NewsCast Oct. 16, 2013"

1. Lou Mongello says:

Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World – WDW Radio LIVE
    NewsCast – October 16, 2013

2. Corvias XoG says:

Very cool :)

3. Jordan Benegbi says:

I think this looks really cool but I’m just worried about the animals and if the park is open at night won’t it affect their sleeping patterns?

4. Ian Bird says:

Disney is the only place that could do Avatar. Anyone can do a movie. It takes a company to do an Epic movie Pure magic..

5. Paul says:

Don’t you think Disney has the animals in mind when they planned this?

For all the haters, and there’s a tone, remember a good attraction is a good attraction. You don’t need to enjoy a movie to love an attraction. Look at Song of the South and Splash Mountain.

As for the “non-Disney” complaint, look at Tower of terror, Rockn’ Roller Coaster, American idol, Star Tours, Indiana Jones etc etc etc.

Wait until it’s built, then make an educated opinion.

6. Amy41996 says:

I didn’t get into Avatar..BUT, I am sure this will be amazing!!! I have learned that I should never count Disney out on an idea until I experience it, I am usually very surprised :D Thanks Lou!

7. Beth Smith says:

Great video again! Can’t wait for it to open its a great idea, especially the night time entertainment and new attractions, that’s what AK is currently missing !

8. Gemma Owen says:

When will this be started

9. FFLooksAt40 says:

Lou, I like the concept and the look of the proposed “Land”, but I just can’t get excited about it being Avitar. I would rather Disney put this much effort into a Star Wars Land or even an entire theme park! There is plenty of material for that to happen and people know and love it already.

10. Pikaroth says:

I think this looks and sounds incredible. I am shocked and confused by those that are seemingly not excited, even some of my friends, when nearly everyone saw the film and loved it. Heck, my sister, who is not in the least into sci-fi, saw it twice. If this did not have ‘Avatar’ attached to it, everyone would be more excited. Still, when it does open up, I think it will quickly be loved. No reason we cannot have this AND a Star Wars land. Beyond excited for the night time aspects of it, too!

11. ActualFactualMagic says:

So excited to see what Disney does with this!

12. Rawmommyathome says:

I am in the mood to buy the movie now!! Lol love this new attraction coming!! Can’t wait

13. RLA614 says:

I’ve been watching your videos for a while now and they just get better and better. Keep up the great work.

14. RLA614 says:

15. RLA614 says:

16. suchhAradical says:

I just have trouble believing that Avatar has the longevity to support and make-back this massive investment Disney is making. 20 years from now will it have enough hype and support? The first Avatar came out 5 years ago and has already been rendered impact-less and old news. While it was the highest grossing film of all time it wasn’t highly rated or liked. Even with the sequels, I think this concept and expansion will be considered dated before the end of the decade… good luck Disney.

17. Gunnar Hays says:

This isn’t just about Avatar. Right now HP land in Universal is a new high standard. Disney is taking advantage of something that they can use to “flex their muscles” and use their technology for a new kind of experience. It’s about new rides and a new immersive experience. Listen to Joe talk about the land. Disney can make a beautiful park that will be a new standard in theme park just as avatar was a new standard in cinema with its art and effects. Disney will make this a success, end of story

18. JEANY SANCHEZ says:

AWESOME IDEA! I LOVE IT!

19. bflatgirl says:

Does no one worry about the animals in Animal Kingdom if the park is going
    to be staying open late? I’m being open minded and hoping that that part of
    the park will still close early so as not to disturb the animals. That was
    the reason the park closes early anyway! I hope they’re not focusing more
    on the money they’ll make from Avatar than the animals welfare.