It seems like only a few weeks ago that I was writing my Disney Resolutions for 2013, so I can’t believe that we are already almost a week into 2014! In the last year, I was fortunate to visit Walt Disney World in both April and September and was able to cross off several things from last year’s list while also adding a few news ideas. I love the idea of a list of Disney Resolutions as there are so many different events, restaurants, and experiences to be had in Walt Disney World, that no two people’s lists would be the same. While I have my own bucket list of things I would love to experience myself, I find lots of inspiration in reading other people’s Disney Resolutions- so be sure to let me know what some of yours are!
- Stay at the Polynesian Resort: Being my favorite resort on property, this resolution is at the top of my list. I stayed at the Polynesian once when I was little, but do not remember much of the actual stay. One of the highlights of each of my WDW visits is stopping by the resort, taking in that wonderful smell of the lobby (What exactly is that smell?? If they bottled it I would buy in bulk!), stopping by Ohana or Captain Cook’s for some Tonga Toast, enjoying a Lapu Lapu at Kona Café, and just wandering the grounds and taking in the ambiance and magical views of Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom. While I can’t wait to stay at the Polynesian again, it’s well out of my price range at the moment. So this resolution is probably going to take some time to come true. For now all I can do is order a Lapu Lapu and soak up the atmosphere!
- Ride Every Attraction in One Day: Okay, admittedly I don’t even know if this one is possible, but it would be awesome to make it happen!
- Take Every Tour Offered: I’ve slowly started to work my way through this list. I’ve taken the Keys To The Kingdom Tour and this year was able to add the Behind The Seeds Tour and the Wild Africa Trek. All three were great experiences and I am hoping to take the Backstage Magic Tour next!
- Eat in Every Restaurant on Property: Being a foodie, I love trying new cuisines and drinks and what better place to do so than WDW! I’m pretty far off from completing this list, but I am slowly working my way towards completing it by trying a few new restaurants every time I visit. Most recently I’ve eaten in Be Our Guest Restaurant for dinner, experienced The Plaza Restaurant for the first time, and also revisited Kona Cafe and Yak & Yeti Restaurant. On my next trip I am hoping to try Yachtsman Steakhouse, Ohana, Garden Grill, and California Grill.
- Finally Get A Picture Of Tinkerbell Flying: The legend goes in my family, that despite being somewhat adequate photographers, every visit we are thwarted in our attempts to get a picture of Tink flying through the sky in the beginning of Wishes. It has become a family joke to us, but one of these days I’ll eventually get the picture! Despite two attempts this year alone, alas I am still unsuccessful.
- Get Back Out To Disneyland: My final resolution is to visit Disneyland again. I visited a few times when younger, but I have not been there since before the opening of Disney’s California Adventure! I am so looking forward to getting to experience not only the classic Magic Kingdom, but also everything new out there one day. Now if only I could figure out a way to get into Club 33…
So those are my Disney resolutions! I expect that over the years I’ll complete some and even make new ones, but most importantly, I’ll keep visiting WDW! I am always looking for new experiences to add to my list, and I find lots of inspiration in hearing your favorite memories and resolutions. So please take some time and let me know your thoughts below, I would love to hear your thoughts!
I hope all of the WDW family out there have had a very Happy New Year and here’s to another year with Disney From The Twenty-Something!
What are your Disney Resolutions? Did you cross any off your list in 2013? Be sure to let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Caitlin Corsello was born and raised in New York. She graduated from Adelphi University with a Masters in Mental Health Counseling in 2012. Her love for Disney started as an infant and has continued to grow with family vacations to Disney parks almost every year since. She holds a particular interest in WDW’s parks and attractions, never passing up an opportunity to visit. She looks forward to continuing to explore and learn about all things Disney and to share that passion with readers.