Hi Everyone! One of my favorite places in all of Walt Disney World® is the Be Our Guest Restaurant. The rose from Beauty and the Beast is a connective icon throughout all three of the restaurant’s dining spaces: be it in the mosaics and tapestries in the Rose Gallery, the animated rose of the West Wing or the folded napkin roses in the Ballroom.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and I thought this would be a fun way to surprise your sweetheart (or little sweethearts) at breakfast or dinner.
So, before the last petal falls, let’s get started, together!
- One cloth napkin, 18” x 18” in size, per person dining with you
- Lay napkin down as a diamond.
- Fold top corner down to bottom, to form a long triangle.
- Fold the flat end over, about an inch and ½, but this does not have to be precise.
- Repeat this once more.
- With the folded edges facing toward you, begin to roll the side, starting from your left, holding the folds in place as you roll.
- Roll all the way to the end and tuck the edge into the side like you see in the photo.
- Then take the pointed edges of the napkin and fold them around the bottom to complete the rose.
So easy and so elegant! I know I’ll be adding these Be Our Guest roses to my Valentine’s Day table.
I’m excited to hear how you bring Disney into your Valentine’s Day or any special occasion. Share with us in the comments below!
With thanks to the Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom® at the Walt Disney World Resort®.
(Photos and Photo Edits are by Fran Cassano.)
When you only have a few moments a week to craft or don’t even know where to begin, Fran Cassano invites you to capture your memories through Practically Perfect Disney Crafting… Break out those tools that have been gathering dust. And let’s figure out how, together!