/ Thursday, March 6th, 2014

Disney Scent-Inspired Sugar ScrubHi Everyone! Elsa’s chill is still around my area, and the weather has been pretty rough on all of our hands. How about you?

I really wanted to share a new way to slough off this last bit of winter based off of my A Spoonful of Sugar Scrub from January 2013. So this time, I came up with these Disney-inspired scent combinations to add to it.

Let’s get re-mixing together!

Disney Scent-Inspired Sugar Scrub (based off of my original A Spoonful of Sugar Scrub)

• 2 cups Sugar (I like Domino®, Florida Crystals®, and Sugar in the Raw®)
  • 1 cup olive oil, organic if possible (I like Colavita®), or other carrier oil (You may use coconut oil if it is the unscented variety)
  • 8-10 drops of your favorite brand of essential oil/extract/ food grade aromas in the Disney scent-inspired blends below
  • Small spoon
  • 1 or 2, 8-16 oz. glass containers (preferably air tight)

To make Disney scent-inspired blends (4-5 drops* of each essential oil, extract or aromas):

Soarin’

• Berry
  • Champagne-style aroma
  • Vanilla

Rome Burning

• Toasted Nut
  • Sandalwood or Twig

(while not quite Rome Burning, this smells really nice together)

Mickey’s Ice Cream Bar

• Chocolate
  • Cream
  • Vanilla

New Fantasyland

• Rose
  • Seawater/Ocean

Add all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and mix well to incorporate.  *You may add as many drops or as little of the essential oils according to your taste. Store scrub in an air tight container for up to two weeks. Use a small spoon for your new sugar scrub. The sugar exfoliates the skin, while the olive oil moisturizers it, and the aromas will take you to the Happiest Place on Earth…for the moment, anyway.

Enjoy!

To Use Scrub

Spoon out portions of the scrub for the different spots you want to target. Try not to over rub. Rinse well off your skin. Do not use on face or on areas with cuts.

I always keep some version I’ve made of these scrubs at my kitchen sink.

Use caution when using in the bathroom and clean your shower or bathtub thoroughly. The oil in the scrub will cause those surfaces to become very slippery.

(Graphic by Fran Cassano).

When you only have a few moments a week to craft or don’t even know where to begin, Fran Cassano invites you to capture your memories through Practically Perfect Disney Crafting… Break out those tools that have been gathering dust. And let’s figure out how, together!

7 Responses to "Practically Perfect Disney Crafting: Disney Scent-Inspired Sugar Scrub"

1. Joy Hargraves says:

Hi Fran!!!!! I love this idea and me thinks I will make some Philaharmagic!!! Dontcha love how Ms. Katie was passing our hellos around!!! I love it!!

2. Steamboat Eddie says:

You have got to be kidding me right now Fran!! How awesome are the list of scents here and the fact that they are for a scrub pluses it times ten. So you’re telling me I can take care of some winter tarnished skin and have Disney aromas in the air, sign me up!!
    I have a day off tomorrow and I think I know exactly what I’ll be trying out. Thanks Fran for another awesome idea.

Catcha later!

3. DisneyGirlRuby says:

Yes, the weather is VERY rough and as much as I love Elsa, I cant WAIT for spring! I love all of your scent themes!! I’d be interested in what other ideas you have on this subject, maybe a Part#2????….

4. Fran Cassano says:

Joy!!! I LOVED that Katie passed around our messages! I keep thinking how awesome it was I met you on the bus last year! Please do mix up PhilharMagic and lemme know whatcha think!

Eddie, you made my week! Yes, totally!!! Please let me know which of these combos are your favorite!

Ruby, you must be reading my mind! I will totally follow this up…as well as a few other spots from my past posts. You are always so very encouraging to us old timers, LOL! :)

Thank you all SO much!!! <3 Fran

5. Jenn (MrsMusicality) says:

Love the scent combinations! Is there a specific type/brand of essential oil you prefer, or place to buy them?

I’m trying to imagine what scents Elsa might use. Hmmm. Something with wintergreen I think.

6. Fran Cassano says:

Hey Jenn,

Thank you so much! I try not to promote a specific brand on the blog, but I will say that going to a store like Whole Foods (or similar) will get you the purest brand EOs. Some of the scents in my combos can also be found at your favorite craft store if this helps steer you.

Wintergreen sounds prefect for Elsa, but why not also try Balsam Fir/Pine and Spearmint, with just a few drops of chocolate (for the Coronation scene)?

Enjoy and let me know what you think :)

7. Jenn says:

Awesome, thanks! And I was thinking some pine scent in there would be nice. And, well, anything with chocolate is a good idea in my book.

Although, now that Ohio isn’t such a frosty wonderland anymore, perhaps a nice Soarin’ or Dole Pineapple whip would be more inspiring for some warmer weather!