WDW Radio # 355 – Walt Disney World Wayback Machine: 2001 – March 23, 2014

Walt-Disney-World-history-wayback-machine-100-years-of-magic-walt-disney-wdwradio-lou-mongello

Sponsor: Get a FREE audio book by visiting AudibleTrial.com/WDWRadio

Topic: Journey with me aboard my Walt Disney World Wayback Machine as we turn back the clock and visit the resort in 2001. We’ll explore what was new and changed, what was lost, how things were different, what was celebrated, and share stories of our own experiences during that time in Walt Disney World history.

Contest: New Walt Disney World Trivia Contest

Updates: WDW Radio Meet of the Month and “On the Road” events

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

– Lou Mongello – LouMongello.com

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Question for YOU: If Walt Disney had Twitter, what do you think his first Tweet would have been? Leave your reply in the Comments below

• Ryan Wilson’s Main Street Gazette
  • Listen to this week’s episode for the Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week for a chance to win a Disney prize package!
  • Disney Meets and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World – Get dates and locations on our Events page
  • Watch & chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com
  • For more videos, subscribe to our WDW Radio channel on YouTube or the show in iTunes

Get the Latest Disney Updates Delivered to You Each Week!

13 Responses to "Show # 355 – Walt Disney World Wayback Machine: 2001 – March 23, 2014"

1. I believe Walt would say. THE TECHNOLOGY IS STILL NOT SUFFICIENT TO CREATE THE REST OF MY IDEAS!! LETS GET MOVING, TIME IS WASTING!!

George McNeil

2. Martin O'Connor says:

Lou,

Love the show and really appreciate all you do!

As usual, another great episode. But…I’m not understanding your math in this particular edition. You keep referring to 2001 as 15 years ago…I get 13 years ago.

Keep up the great work, and thanks again Lou!

-Martin O’Connor

3. Ana Kurland says:

I got to the hot seat once. I got really nervous and lost on a James Bond question. I still have the hat, lanyard and pins.

4. Martyn says:

Hi Lou,
    Loved the show – we were also there to celebrate 100 years so it was great to be reminded and go back for a bit.
    See you in the “Box!” on Wednesday.
    Moja10s

5. Linda Raymond says:

Remember It all started with a Mouse.

6. Rich Davies says:

The first tweet would have to be “It all started with a Mouse!”

7. JD says:

“To all who come to this happy place, welcome”. Why mess with perfection?

8. Bill says:

Walt’s first Tweet: “Freakin’ Mintz. #GoodbyeOswald”

9. David strangleman says:

I think walt disney’s first tweet would be.

“Anyone know if soarin’ has any more fast passes?”

Thanks for all the shows Lou!

10. Irene says:

Walt’s first tweet:

“If you can dream it, you can do it…..I not only dreamt it…..I actually did it so ALWAYS believe in yourself!”

11. Colleen says:

I, my daughter and father were there for 9/11…and yes it was handled incredibly! We were actually evacuated from the Sci-Fi Theater, there was also a small hurricane coming threw too! I can say “I remember where I was…” and finish that sentence with WDW. The next morning the parks were sparse but those who entered received a patriotic Mickey pin from Cast Members at the entrance! As we walked down Main Street USA Captain Hook and Smee posed with us for a pic, my 4yr old daughter saluted- priceless, and one of my all time favorite pics!!

12. Andrew says:

Walt’s first tweet : “The most important thing is family.”

13. Jeff says:

Your 2001 show got me thinking…..
    We were set to arrive on September 12th of that year and ended up driving with the family instead of waiting to see if the airports were going to re-open anytime soon. So glad to have gone when the world was a little crazy and little ones were more than a little rattled (Dad and mom too)!

The cast and fellow disney lovers were all just a little kinder and more caring than normal; whether the security guard who was just figuring out how to do his new job of searching bags or parents and kids wearing red-white-and blue.

Best memory: My oldest son was just getting into pin trading and he was on a quest for the elusive “stars and stripes” Mickey ears. Well, after 9/11 they were quick to be sold-out. Third day of the trip he spotted the pin on a cast-member’s lanyard in EPCOT. When he approached the gentleman he was hoping that he’d be open to trading this valuable pin….he wouldn’t trade…but would give it to him for free! How cool….

thanks Lou, we love the podcast

Jeff