I don’t know about y’all, but some days I just crave Disney treats. Today is one of those days. Correction: this WEEK is one of those weeks. Maybe it is because of the stress of finals at school, or maybe it’s just because I find myself longing to be walking down Main Street, USA® in this beautiful spring weather. Regardless, I need my Disney fix, and for now, the kitchen is where I will have to make that happen. This week I am bringing you the recipe for one of the most delicious desserts in Magic Kingdom® Park: the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake from The Liberty Tree Tavern. The name alone makes my mouth water. This amazing sweet treat is similar to a warm mini-cookie cake topped with ice cream and syrups. Yum. Make sure to try this recipe out soon and get your “taste of Disney” for the week!
Recipe courtesy of www.disneyfoodblog.com
Liberty Tree Tavern Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
1 box yellow cake mix
1 large egg
1 stick butter (softened)
1. Mix ingredients.
2. Spread mixture evenly in greased baking pan.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 50 min
8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter
1 pound powdered sugar (sifted)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Heath Bar pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix cream cheese until smooth.
3. Slowly add eggs and vanilla.
4. Add butter and mix well.
5. Add powdered sugar, slowly.
6. Add chocolate chips and toffee pieces.
7. Mix until ingredients are all just incorporated evenly — do not overmix!
8. Put on top of Cake Bottom ingredients in pan. (Usually a large muffin pan can work well for this.)
9. Bake for 35 minutes. Inside should just be slightly gooey, but not liquid.
Kristin Casagrand is a student currently studying physical therapy at Bellarmine University. Born and raised in Pennsylvania, Kristin has taken many a family vacations as a child driving 24 hrs, cramped in the back of the car and fighting with her sister to get to Disney (definitely worth it though). She looks forward to sharing “A taste of Disney” with everyone each week.