disney's-fort-wilderness-resort-and-campground-faqs

TOPIC: This week, we take a very in-depth look at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. From its early history to ways to stay, where to eat, things to do while you’re there, and tips from a Ft. Wilderness expert. If you’ve never visited or thought that “roughing it” isn’t for you, you might just be surprised at what the resort offers, and how to get the most fun and value out of your stay. And if you’ve never been before, we’ll share some of the many reasons why you need to visit and explore Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.

CONTEST: New Walt Disney World Trivia Contest

UPDATES: Upcoming WDW Radio meets, On the Road events and more!

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

- Lou Mongello
LouMongello.com

Information and Links from This Week’s Show:

Question for YOU: Have you ever stayed at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground? What’s YOUR favorite part of the resort? Leave your reply in the Comments below

• Rod Wheaton’s WDWMousenger.com
  • Listen to this week’s episode for the Walt Disney World Trivia Question of the Week for a chance to win a Disney prize package!
  • Disney Meets and WDW Radio Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World – Get dates and locations on our Events page
  • Watch & chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com
  • For more videos, subscribe to our WDW Radio channel on YouTube or the show in iTunes
  • Get Celebrations Magazine at CelebrationsPress.com
Get the Latest Disney Updates Delivered to You Each Week!

8 Responses to "Show # 362 – Everything You Wanted to Know About Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground"

1. Al Parr says:

Lou I want to suggest a topic for podcast. How about interviewing Animal Kingdom researchers. I heard a radio interview of elephant researcher, Joseph Soltis. He told about his work with researchers in Africa to help keep elephants away from local farmer’s gardens. He talked about how Disney encourages outreach along with their regular work at Animal Kingdom. Here is the interview:

I met a young woman that does work studying the psychology of large primates at Animal Kingdom. I am sure there are many, many stories from cast member researchers at Animal Kingdom.

2. Patricia Rodriguez says:

Hey Lou, after your inspiring pod cast about Fort Wilderness I have decided to go for a day during our Family trip de WDW on October. Because we have already booked Art of Animation Resort, we are going to FW just for a day. Now, I have a question, I’ve been doing some research about restaurants, we have the Quick Service Dining Plan, and as I have seen at the website, Trail’s End accepts Quick Service Dining Plan, but, in other part of the web states it is a TABLE SERVICE restaurant, so, can you enlight me please? I don’t want to go to FW and don’t have any place where i can use my entitlements :D
    Thank u so much!!!

3. ALAN MILLER says:

Lou- Thanks for this show. We were already planning to stay at FW on our next trip in 2015 because we wanted to use our new motorhome. But I wasn’t getting the most enthusiastic response from my extended family. With this podcast I think we’ll convince them that we will have a fantastic time at the resort and, oh by the way, the theme parks! We’re a party of 11- 4 grandkids, 5 adult “children” including 2 in-laws, and my wife and me.

4. Susan Mohler says:

Hi Lou! I have recently begun listening to your podcasts and really enjoy thm; additionally, I just finished your 102 book and really enjoyed that as well. I wold like to comment on this week’s Fort Wilderness podcast topic- I enjoyed it as always, but it left a few questions of mine unanswered. I have always enjoyed tent camping with my family, but the podcast was mostly focused on the RV experience. I have always wondered about the tent-camping experience at Disney: do you have to repack all your belongings into your vehicle before you leave for a day in the park? While I and my family are experienced tent-campers in the (actual) wilderness, I would have some concerns with regard to security when leaving a tent full of stuff in a campground. Also, if you are tent-camping, are fires/cooking restricted to the grills provided at the campgrounds? Are backpacking stoves allowed? And, although I would be happy to give tent-camping a whirl at Disney, my husband has voiced security concerns- you can’t exactly lock your tent zipper at night-when we camp in the wilderness we are more concerned about unwelcome animals than people, however in a resort park presumably the reverse would be the case- I was hoping maybe these concerns would be addressed. Other than the above-mentioned concerns I have always thought that camping at Disney would be an incredible deal any input you could add on these aspect of Fort Wilderness would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for my weekly dose of Disney, maybe I will see you in the Roanoke mousekameet this summer. – Sue Mohler

5. Christine says:

Lou,
    Great show!! My brother and I have joked about buying a camper and living off the grid at Fort Wilderness! With all the info from your show,I think it’s possible! LOL!
    Thanks for all the great info and shows you do, helps keep The Magic going in between trips!
    Christine

6. Paul Jones says:

Really enjoyed this show. We’ve loved visiting Fort Wilderness for Hoop-de-do Revue, carriage ride through the loops at Christmas time to see the lights, and taking the kids to Archery classes. I’m more excited now than ever to try to stay here, either in the cabins or with the RV-rental option. It really is a neat place!

7. MarkSF says:

Great show!
    When our kids were small we began driving cross country in a truck/camper from CA to WDW and stayed in Ft Wilderness. We saw the country we all loved Ft W! We enjoyed time together and found the walks, swimming, and easy manner of the campground a delight. The natural environment was a great balance to the fun at the parks.
    You brought back a ton of memories Lou.
    Thx!

8. Lisa Youker says:

Hey Lou! Currently listening to the show atm and am loving it! I have been staying at Fort Wilderness since i was 2 (1989)! I have so many great memories of this place! My parents still take their 5th wheel down every year for 1-3 weeks in January/February to escape the Northern Michigan winters. With so many things to do, you really don’t need to leave at all. Just having a golf cart and driving around all the loops is a great way to pass the time! Love the Show, keep up the great work!