Travel insurance at Walt Disney World, Disney Smells, Disney dining options, saving money at Walt Disney World

TOPIC: Listener Email – This week I open up the inbox and answer YOUR questions about Travel insurance at Walt Disney World, recommended table service restaurants in or near the Magic Kingdom, the smells of the Disney resorts, least expensive way to get two rooms, Whispering Canyon vs. ‘Ohana, and more!

CONTEST: New Walt Disney World Trivia Contest

UPDATES: Upcoming WDW Radio meets, On the Road events and more!

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Lou Mongello
LouMongello.com

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: What restaurant would YOU recommend for a family with young kids in Epcot? Leave your answer in the comments below!

Please click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes – Thank You!!

13 Responses to "Show # 366 – Listener Email: Travel Insurance, Disney Dining, Disney Smells, Saving Money and more!"

1. Art Mills says:

Biergarten!!! The kids can be loud, can sing and dance, and just have fun.

2. Cristabel says:

Another great listener email show!

I have to second (third, fourth?!) being persistent about dinner reservations at Ohana. I couldn’t get it at my 180 day window but kept checking (sometimes multiple days per wee) and in the end I scored one for 6:30pm. Keep at it!

As far as for a TS for a family with young kids: Teppan Edo! It’s fun for the kids to see the chef at work. Also, the chef’s know how to keep them entertained. I had tons of fun and I’m an adult!

3. Stacey says:

Hey Lou you asked for places at EPCOT for a large family that is also entertaining , The Biergarten in the Germany Pavillion is one of our favorites!!!

4. Jim says:

Echoing Biergarten! Family-style tables perfect for a large party, music, dancing, noise, etc. Plus, the food is very kid-friendly, with lots of meat, mac and cheese, and dumplings (spaetzel).

Plus, you can reminisce about what might have been if we had gotten the Rhine River Cruise… sniff sniff.

5. Steve says:

Biergarten 100%! My family still laughs at the videos of me as a baby dancing to the band there and pretending to play tuba by blowing into a plastic camera film case! Great place for kids and adults, and the food is great too.

6. Beci Mahnken says:

ah! Biergarten is a great one!

7. Joe says:

Thanks for the great show!

Well if you have young boys and girls like I do. You can have the girls go to Akershus and dine in Norway with the Princesses (Snow White, Cinderella and others).

The boys can head over to the Garden Grill in The Land Pavilion and dine with Chip N Dale! Now I will tell you if you get dizzy easily avoid this experience as the whole restaurant rotates while you eat. While very slow you may notice it at first, like I did, but after about 10 minutes I was ok. If you play it right, you can get your fast pass for Soarin right after dining! It will be a great time with the boys!

8. Peter A says:

Hey Lou,

You mentioned in the show about coming to Europe. Please do, it would be great to have a meet up in the UK before something at Disneyland Paris. You’d be welcome on our spare bed!!

Peter

9. Caryn says:

Haven’t finished the podcast yet, but the “Myth” reference is in The original Muppet Movie. Carol Kane was a bar maid at the El Sleezo Cafe named Myth. It went like this:

Doc Hopper: Listen, we’re a small business but we’ve expanded. Expanded! Just like you frogs expand. Don’t you frogs expand?

[puffs his cheeks]

Kermit: That’s a myth.

Doc Hopper: What?

Kermit: Myth! Myth!

Myth: Yeth? (As she randomly popped out from behind a billboard.)

Kermit: Huh?

Gotta love the Muppets!

10. Lisa says:

Grand Floridian Cafe – Yum the shrimp and grits are spectacular!!!!!!

11. Wendy says:

Garden Grill – great menu family style and a children’s menu. Everyone can eat from the adult and children’s menu. Great characters and it rotates slowly for a view of the “land”

12. Shawn says:

I sent the original email about a family restaurant in Epcot. We went for the San Angel Inn Restaurante in Mexico. We had a nice time and enjoyed the atmosphere, but I look forward to Teppan Edo in the future. We have always shied away from Biergarten because the menu is not a great match for us. Looking forward to a January trip to run my first marathon!

13. Lou Mongello says:

LOVE that so many of you got the “Myth, myth!” reference!! :)